Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Driver memory lost, and now no Easy Eentry/Exit Seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/driver-memory-lost-and-now-no-easy-eentry-exit-seats-21057.html)

Nouveau Redneck 03-31-2011 07:45 AM

Driver memory lost, and now no Easy Eentry/Exit Seats

A few days ago the memory for both driver 1 and driver 2 completely disappeared. I mean, no matter where you put the seats, mirrors and steering wheel adjustments, pressing either of the driver meory recall buttons (1 or 2) wouldn't move the seats, mirrors or steering wheel at all. It was as if the Driver 1 and Driver 2 memories had been wiped clean. My wife and I went ahead and adjusted things for ourselves and set the memory, number 2 for me, as she is number 1 of course:D, and now the driver memory feature works fine again.

The second problem that apparently happened at about the same time is that the Easy Entry/Exit Seat and Steering wheel feature stopped working. We have turned it off and back on several times with the EVIC, and it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix? If no one has any experience with this, I guess it'll wait until I take it in for the first oil change, as we're just too busy these days, and it's not that much of an inconvenience. It's just that a feature that's supposed to be there, and worked fine for the first 6 weeks that we owned the vehicle just stopped working.

cherokee_dude 03-31-2011 09:47 AM

Re: Driver memory lost, and now no Easy Eentry/Exit Seats

I did the whole power seats forward all the way, then back all the way cycling and I could use memory seats again.

Gave up on the Easy exit, just gonna have the dealership take a look when I need something else done.

Nouveau Redneck 03-31-2011 11:03 AM

Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. All we had to do was set the memory for driver 1 and 2 from scratch to get the driver memory working again, but the easy exit seat still won't do its thing.

woosch 03-31-2011 11:21 AM

try plugging your seatbelt in and removing it a couple times, it's happened to me a couple times where the seat belt didn't release properly and that disables the memory seats.

Rockraines 03-31-2011 12:42 PM

Move the seat all the way forward and all the way back after you turn off easy entry/exit. It will all work again including memory.

Nouveau Redneck 04-01-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woosch (Post 386597)
try plugging your seatbelt in and removing it a couple times, it's happened to me a couple times where the seat belt didn't release properly and that disables the memory seats.

As I said, my memory seats are now working. It's only the Easy Exit seat feature that is no longer working.

Nouveau Redneck 04-01-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockraines (Post 386663)
Move the seat all the way forward and all the way back after you turn off easy entry/exit. It will all work again including memory.

Thanks, I'll give that a try when my wife gets home with the car later. I'll post back as to whether it works or not.

Nouveau Redneck 04-03-2011 07:09 AM

Rockraines, that worked. I turned off the Easy Ext Seat in the EVIC, and then I moved the driver's seat all the way forward and all the way back, then turned the Easy Exit Seat back on and recalled driver memory 2 and then turned off the engine and the easy exit seat did its thing. My wife later told me that she had dropped something under the driver's seat when she was using the car and had moved the seat all the way to the back while she was looking for it, and then after that was when the driver memory and Easy Exit seat stopped working.

reloar67 03-29-2012 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info. I had my jeep in for some bumpper repairs and when I got it back the memory seats and easy exit did not work. I just tried your fix and it works now.

Brindawithani 05-08-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockraines (Post 386663)

Thanks for this post!! Fixed my issue!

MR291 07-18-2012 07:42 AM

Great post. My seat memory and easy entry stopped working when I moved the seat all of the way to the rear when I was changing the brake and gas pedals. Too bad this is not in the manual.

Thanks for the post.

rfa5 07-26-2012 10:35 PM

I had the same problems as you ( no memory seat and no easy exit ) but also when I moved the seat manually, it would only move an inch or two and stop. I have to release the control and wait a second or two and repeat. So when moving the seat from all the forward to all the way back it would take about 6 or7 cycles of pressing the control and letting go. The dealer diagnosed the problem as a bad seat module. He changed it and all was well again, for about 15 miles! By the time I got home from the dealer the seat with the new module was doing the same thing! I'll have to call tomorrow and see where they will be taking this problem. BTW, any of the fixes here didn't do a thing for me :(