Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How did I end up buying a JEEP!?!? Add another convert to the list. Bye bye japanese (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-did-i-end-up-buying-a-jeep-add-another-convert-to-the-list-bye-bye-japanese-21059.html)

Ahujadaddy 03-31-2011 09:35 AM

How did I end up buying a JEEP!?!? Add another convert to the list. Bye bye japanese

Overland with the Adaptive cruise - V6 4x4 - Dark Charcoal on Saddle

Had the thing for 3 days now, been too busy enjoying it to come here and post. Joined these forums like 2 months ago or so, always lurking. First post!

So how DID I end up with the Jeep?? We began cross-shopping several SUVs a few months ago sticking with mainly Japanese imports and some European. I've always liked the "tough" image the Jeeps project but never thought I'd be driving one or that my wife would go for one. My wife actually liked the rugged look of the Range Rover Sport, and all its features after test driving some 07 and 08 used models (terrain select, air suspension, etc). You often tend to hear Jeep come up when comparing a Land Rover product, which lead us to look into the JGC. Problem with the Range is we'd need to end up buying a brand new one or slightly used 2010 model just to get the same type of technology you can get in a 2011 JGC for much less. That would be way out of our price range. She loved the look of the new JGC; i really liked the older gen but this new one grew on me FAST. The rest is history!

We got what we paid for and them some. :thumbsup: Imported from Detroit!! :ftmfw:

moosehead 03-31-2011 09:37 AM

Re: How did I end up buying a JEEP!?!? Add another convert to the list. Bye bye japan

That is a great 1st post. Congrats and enjoy.

Polak 03-31-2011 09:38 AM

Re: How did I end up buying a JEEP!?!? Add another convert to the list. Bye bye japan

Congratulations...pix or you're lying.

GTOGreg 03-31-2011 11:16 PM

American brands are catching on again, thankfully. I've done my part lately with 2 new CJD products. They're both winners so far. All the Big 3 is putting out great stuff right now and for that we should rejoice. Don't ever count out America! :thumbsup:

Cperez 04-01-2011 07:39 AM

Welcome aboard A-daddy, from a fellow DC area Jeeper. Enjoy your new toy. Always nice to have buy-in from the missus! :thumbsup:

dogface_313 04-01-2011 05:13 PM

Welcome! I never thought i would be a Jeep guy, but i guess I am now.

earldharris 04-01-2011 06:08 PM

Not so much a convert here as a former Jeep owner returning to the fold...
My wife has had three GC's ('94, '97 & '00), and then strayed to Nissan from '05 until now returning for the '11 Summit.

Such a huge improvement in the 11 years since we last bought a GC!

It's good to be back!

:)

StasVasilkov 04-01-2011 07:05 PM

Exactly the same setup as I have, congrats! Its a great ride!

ternst 04-02-2011 05:37 AM

My first jeep is arriving next week - same Overland but white with the 18" off-road package (that comes with street tires - duh, there are some idiots that work at jeep). I just bought a new Toyota Four-Runner last year and was not looking for another rig, but that darn TV commercial with the beautiful saddle leather screamed at me and grabbed me by the throat. They gave me a really good trade for the Toyota...

WK2 Rover 04-04-2011 10:06 AM

I reviewed every cross-over and SUV, including the Range Rover Sport, over the past couple of years as part of the process of replacing my '93 Grand Cherokee. I assumed I would probably get a Lexus GX since I really liked my Lexus IS 350 (my first Japanese car), and our dealership is so awesome.

After technical evaluations, aesthetics, pricing, etc. the 2011 Grand Cherokee was easily the best choice. I laugh every time I tell people that the interior of my Jeep [Overland] makes the interior of my Lexus look cheap!

Ahujadaddy 04-05-2011 09:22 AM

^^ nice!

...and thanks guys. Just got it tinted. Need to post some pics after the rain stops and i have time to give the thing a nice hand wash.

marylandterps01 04-06-2011 09:13 PM

I'm another convert. I've owned a Honda Accord, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Toyota Camry, Infiniti G35 coupe and I just traded that in for my wk2 Dark Charcoal Overland. Loving every minute of it!