Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HID Kits (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/hid-kits-2113.html)

White Chocolate 08-16-2009 07:45 PM

HID Kits

Alright basic simple question, I decided I want to get a set of HID'S. I would like to get a set for my highs, and lows, and another set of my fog lights.

Now back in the day I had 8000K however it only worked for low beams, so my first question is I really liked the 8000K low, so.....would this work, 8000K for low, 6000K for high and 8000K-10 000K for fog lights.

Now I used to have my kit from a brand called Helligkeit HID's. Alot of friends have heard good things about getting their HID's from www.vvme.com I would LOVE to hear about any other places for HID's.

Thanks guys

Scottina06 08-16-2009 08:27 PM

Re: HID Kits

www.kbcarstuff.com (xenondepot) HANDS down! The extreme kit FTWWWWW!
The 8000K's will be awesome in the lows. But for the highs I would stay with the halogen bulbs. You see it takes the HID bulbs 5-10 seconds to "heat or warm up" so to say. They dont actually heat/warm up....but it takes that long for them to come to full power. Unless you drive vast stretches of roads with the highs on......switching back and forth will be useless. For the fogs i would try to stay the same as the lows and anything lower. I suggest 4300K for the fogs IMHO. That will put out the best light on the road surface. Some people like the 3000K for the fogs becasue of the yellow light and its performance in foggy conditions. But...put what colors you like....xenondepot is definetely the best in my opinion.

LO.7 08-16-2009 08:32 PM

TCM GLX (Tony) has some nice kits at a pretty fair price. Quite a few members here have purchased the same HID kits.

I've had his HIDs in my lows/fogs for close to a year now w/o any issues.

White Chocolate 08-16-2009 08:36 PM

Since I have to keep my Day time Runnings lights will the voltage drop cause the blinking in this kit?

Are their any kits that will remove the voltage drop to DRL. I can't disable my lights so I will need to get rid of the blinking HID light...will this kit work?

Scottina06 08-16-2009 08:43 PM

call Steve at xenondepot(kbcarstuff) and speak to him about the DRL issue

White Chocolate 08-17-2009 12:30 AM

Any other kits you guys can recommend?

05wkguy 08-17-2009 12:38 PM

What about a bi-xenon bulb in place of the low beam? The drl's are the hi-beams at reduced power,so maybe replace the stock bulbs with halogens of a different colour temp,that matches the low beams. With the bi-xenon,you'd then have your hi/lo without being messed up by the factory drl output. You coud wire a relay to trigger the hi output off the true "hi-beam" wire going to the halogen bulbs.

White WK Swagga 08-17-2009 01:10 PM

My 04 BMW X5 had hid higs and lows. It used the same projector bulb but it was like a shield or something inside the projector that moved to reflect the light up in a roune rainbow shape. There was no warm up but it used the inner highs to flash the high beams.

White Chocolate 08-17-2009 01:53 PM

I'll probably end up only getting 8000K Low beams, Halogen bulbs for High beams, and I want to get a HID kit for the Fog lights, however I noticed the replacement bulb is 9145, I noticed that is an odd number for bulb, so what did everyone else do for the bulb?

LO.7 08-17-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcHewskY (Post 48522)
I'll probably end up only getting 8000K Low beams, Halogen bulbs for High beams, and I want to get a HID kit for the Fog lights, however I noticed the replacement bulb is 9145, I noticed that is an odd number for bulb, so what did everyone else do for the bulb?

9005 or H10

White Chocolate 08-17-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LO.7 (Post 48525)
9005 or H10

And those bulbs will work with the wiring harness that is already down there? Or do I have to do some type of modifications?

LO.7 08-17-2009 02:53 PM

H10 are a direct fit, no modifications needed.