Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Airbag Warning Light (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/airbag-warning-light-2115.html)

eddiefig 08-16-2009 07:55 PM

Airbag Warning Light

FIXED!!!!I'm going to the dealer tomorrow so they can StarScan it but I just wanted to know if anyone knew what would trigger that light to come on. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary except trying to install LED parking/blinker and resistor. I blew the parking lamp fuse but that was it. I also disconnected the battery at one point. FIXED!!!

hemi.jon 08-16-2009 08:13 PM

Re: Airbag Warning Light

i got it right now, but i dont have the time to bring it in,its the second time ive had it, this time the code says it cant communicate to the sensor for the passenger

Scottina06 08-16-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiefig (Post 48205)
I'm going to the dealer tomorrow so they can StarScan it but I just wanted to know if anyone knew what would trigger that light to come on. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary except trying to install LED parking/blinker and resistor. I blew the parking lamp fuse but that was it. I also disconnected the battery at one point.

is it the airbag light on the gauge cluster or on the center dash stack?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi.jon (Post 48215)
i got it right now, but i dont have the time to bring it in,its the second time ive had it, this time the code says it cant communicate to the sensor for the passenger

sounds like your passeneger seat sensor needs recalibrated

eddiefig 08-16-2009 08:33 PM

Gauge cluster. Just beneath CHECK ENGINE light.

Scottina06 08-16-2009 08:44 PM

did you reset by pumping the brakes etc after disconnecting the battery and it came back?

eddiefig 08-16-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 48250)
did you reset by pumping the brakes etc after disconnecting the battery and it came back?

Never heard of that. Can i do it if I disconnect the battery again?

Scottina06 08-16-2009 08:51 PM

yes...disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and then open your door and pump the brakes. I like to leave mine disconnected atleast 15 minutes.

eddiefig 08-16-2009 08:58 PM

Are you EFFING with me? LOL. I'm only asking because it sounds like something we would do to newbees in the Marines. Making them ask our Sergeant for an ID 10 T form. So, pop my hood and close my driver door, disconnect the NEG cable, open the driver door and pump the brakes for how long?

RyanB 08-16-2009 09:31 PM

Hey Eddie, I had the airbag light come on my WK a few months ago. Took it to the dealer and they told me that the "spring" in the the steering wheel needed to be replaced. They quoted me $700 to replace it. I flipped and called Chrysler directly. After a 30 min conversation, I got the service done for th $100 deductible. I say get it looked at soon. Good luck.

eddiefig 08-16-2009 09:38 PM

Wow, thats scary. Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I'm still under warranty.

Scottina06 08-16-2009 10:28 PM

Eddie-its real and just resets the truck

eddiefig 08-16-2009 10:38 PM

ok. How many times do you pump the brake? actually, what exactly is everything i have to do?