Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Bilstein Struts/Shocks (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/bilstein-struts-shocks-21150.html)

ahamay115 04-01-2011 11:53 PM

Bilstein Struts/Shocks

Hey guys,

Looking to get new shocks for the jeep soon, and was wondering where the best place is to find the Bilstein WK shocks/struts? Do we have any vendors selling these? I thought I would check to see first if I could support anyone on this site, and if anyone knows of any good deals out there, please let me know!

Thanks!

bumpin_jeep 04-02-2011 08:49 AM

Re: Bilstein Struts/Shocks

I picked mine up at Shockwarehouse a few weeks ago, and there was a $5 off coupon code somewhere on the net. I believe TireRack has them cheaper, but they charge for shipping which in the end, ends up costing more. FYI - you'll love the Bilstein's, can't believe I waited so long to do them. Might as well pick up the SRT8 rear sway bar while your at it, also well worth the $125 or so.

bell22 04-02-2011 10:08 AM

X2 on loving the Bilsteins...should've been the very first purchase when I bought my WK two years ago.

mitchelm 04-02-2011 11:44 AM

X3. Love the bilsteins. I went with tirerack. Got shipping cheap since they were all in their delaware warehouse shipping to NJ.

AB Jeepster 04-02-2011 12:33 PM

I bought my SRT8 springs and WK Bilsteins at the same place... but I can't remember where. It was on line though and a place that was recommended from this forum...

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-02-2011 12:38 PM

ajusa.com is the cheapest place i have found them

bwalshx314 04-03-2011 07:26 PM

i want to order the blisteins . i have the rk lift coming in soon. it says "Rear shocks that are 2 in. longer than OE are recommended, but not required for installation." which blisteins should i be looking into?

TheAngryMinnow 04-03-2011 11:38 PM

whats the cost for both shocks/struts all around on an 07?

paroxysym 04-04-2011 10:22 AM

i just bought mine off nick at kolak performance for $310 shipped i believe.

ahamay115 04-04-2011 07:31 PM

I went to ajusa.com and got the set for $321... they had a $4 handling fee, not sure what thats all about, and its gonna take over a week to ship apparently too.... I also ordered the srt sways from j4j, but no extra discount for me even though I called.. :( Parts did ship out from them today tho, so thats impressive! Jeep should feel new again :)

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-04-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahamay115 (Post 389461)
I went to ajusa.com and got the set for $321... they had a $4 handling fee, not sure what thats all about, and its gonna take over a week to ship apparently too.... I also ordered the srt sways from j4j, but no extra discount for me even though I called.. :( Parts did ship out from them today tho, so thats impressive! Jeep should feel new again :)

i ordered the fronts last week and they told me they would ship april 11th bc they were on backorder but they shipped this morning:thumbsup:

AcidCold 04-04-2011 08:24 PM

Love Bilstein but they have been having problems lately. Their shocks seem to leak after a very short period, Many on other forums have run into this "leak" problem. If you are lifted and they find out, they will void warranty and will not honor your replacement.