Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   WANTED: Remote unlock (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/wanted-remote-unlock-21195.html)

K9jackie 04-02-2011 11:59 PM

WANTED: Remote unlock

I had a blonde moment today and locked the keys inside while it was running. I was showing my friend all of the cool new features, I pushed the start button, hopped out and closed the door to walk around back... Then the locks when down automatically!!! Wtf... I thought they only engaged while rolling? I called the jeep road side service and they wanted to charge me $75?! I laughed at them and called AAA, who came right away for free.

I can't believe I did this ... I have not even finished breaking in my new summit!... 8 days old 292 miles. A remote unlock service would be really nice for me :eek:

ilber 04-03-2011 12:07 AM

Re: WANTED: Remote unlock

TRUST ME remote unlock does not always work, i was told... the truck was parked too close to the building and onstar could not get a good signal.....add secured area ( no tow trucks/non cleared people)... solution was to drag up the truck away from the building until onstar could get the signal.... yeah I usually roll the window down :)

the1jake 04-03-2011 08:11 AM

That's a first. You sure you didn't hit the lock button when you shut the door? IMHO, the lock button is located in a place where someone could accidentally hit it when exiting the vehicle.

But...if it did lock as you claim, (by itself, not moving and in the parked position) I would call Jeep and report the issue. Let's see if they (at your dealership) can duplicate it. If so, there's a possibility that Jeep will issue a TSB to correct.

Radside 04-03-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9jackie (Post 388309)
I had a blonde moment today and locked the keys inside while it was running. I was showing my friend all of the cool new features, I pushed the start button, hopped out and closed the door to walk around back... Then the locks when down automatically!!! Wtf... I thought they only engaged while rolling? I called the jeep road side service and they wanted to charge me $75?! I laughed at them and called AAA, who came right away for free.

I can't believe I did this ... I have not even finished breaking in my new summit!... 8 days old 292 miles. A remote unlock service would be really nice for me :eek:

Couldn't you just have unlocked it from touching the door handle?

GR33N D3M0N 04-03-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the1jake (Post 388360)
That's a first. You sure you didn't hit the lock button when you shut the door? IMHO, the lock button is located in a place where someone could accidentally hit it when exiting the vehicle.

But...if it did lock as you claim, (by itself, not moving and in the parked position) I would call Jeep and report the issue. Let's see if they (at your dealership) can duplicate it. If so, there's a possibility that Jeep will issue a TSB to correct.

in the WK, there is an option in the evic to set it to automatically lock doors

K9jackie 04-03-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 388380)
Couldn't you just have unlocked it from touching the door handle?

It wouldn't unlock from the outside while running... it is like fort knox.

Radside 04-03-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9jackie (Post 388536)
It wouldn't unlock from the outside while running... it is like fort knox.

Oh, sorry...didn't know that.

the1jake 04-03-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR33N D3M0N (Post 388388)
in the WK, there is an option in the evic to set it to automatically lock doors

So, as soon as you shut the door, it locks? I thought it was when you reached a certain speed. (gotta go play with it now) Thx

Dan JGC 04-03-2011 06:27 PM

You sure someone at the passengers door or lift gate didn't press the lock button on the handle by mistake?