Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Free - Chrome Mirror Covers WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/free-chrome-mirror-covers-wk2-21225.html)

moosehead 04-03-2011 04:48 PM

Free - Chrome Mirror Covers WK2

First to PM gets my take offs from Overland. Only catch is no resellers please.

Hogs 04-03-2011 05:44 PM

Re: Free - Chrome Mirror Covers WK2

PM sent!

jgc4ever 04-03-2011 07:29 PM

What's underneath?

Lingohocken 04-03-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 388719)
What's underneath?

Ditto, is it matching paint or what?

moosehead 04-03-2011 08:01 PM

Hogs, they are yours, PM me your shipping addy.

Underneath is recessed opening with tabs, mostly body color, some unfinished, to snap fit on mirror covers.

mhassler 04-06-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 388754)
Hogs, they are yours, PM me your shipping addy.

Underneath is recessed opening with tabs, mostly body color, some unfinished, to snap fit on mirror covers.

Moose, so, you took off the chrome covers and ..... bought color matched covers from Mopar to install or what?

One of my biggest "dislikes" about my Limited is the chrome mirror covers. Wasn't sure of my options to "fix". Any pics of the install, the mirrors with no chrome covers or of the chrome covers after you took them off?

spiros 04-06-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 391009)
Moose, so, you took off the chrome covers and ..... bought color matched covers from Mopar to install or what?

One of my biggest "dislikes" about my Limited is the chrome mirror covers. Wasn't sure of my options to "fix". Any pics of the install, the mirrors with no chrome covers or of the chrome covers after you took them off?

so they sell body color mirror covers?

benhoopes 04-06-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiros (Post 391093)
so they sell body color mirror covers?

I want to get rid of my chrome mirror covers too. Where do I find body colo matching black ones.

tmw1582 04-06-2011 10:55 PM

Sounds like a lot of people feel like I do in that the JGC should not be loaded in chrome. A little here and there is nice but I think Jeep went a little crazy with some of the models. It is one of the reasons I stuck with the Laredo.

moosehead 04-06-2011 11:30 PM

Yea, I was lucky to just stumble onto a set of silver body colored covers from a guy who evidently replaced them with the chrome set.

You can either try that route, which is a bit of a crapshoot, or just get your chrome set painted. They are hard plastic and will finish up nicely.

spiros 04-07-2011 10:33 PM

im willing to trade crome for inferno red.

mhassler 04-08-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 391150)
Yea, I was lucky to just stumble onto a set of silver body colored covers from a guy who evidently replaced them with the chrome set.

You can either try that route, which is a bit of a crapshoot, or just get your chrome set painted. They are hard plastic and will finish up nicely.

Well, looks like a new trade thread should be started.... body color mirror covers for chrome mirror covers...

I have the chrome and am looking for Brilliant Black.

I wasnt sure if they were a direct swap because the Limiteds/Overlands have the turn signal indicator in the mirror.