Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Got my Rugged Brown Summit! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/got-my-rugged-brown-summit-21285.html)

netcoolery 04-04-2011 06:51 PM

Got my Rugged Brown Summit!

3 Attachment(s)
Got the call I was expecting this morning - the Jeep had finally made it to the dealer. Fortunately, the customer at which I am currently posted has been OK with "flex time" - so instead of heading in to work, it was time to take the carefully preserved trade-in to the dealer.

When I first got there, they had parked the vehicle outside the showroom in the bright sunlight. Damn near took my breath away! Mine, Mine, Mine!! :D

The Rugged Brown color is just made for sunlight (like Blackberry). The guy was just finishing up detailing it. He was putting on tire dressing ... I laughed and told him not to bother because those tires (the Latitudes) would be going "bye-bye" in about 6 miles.

Everything went smoothly at the dealer. They honored their previous commitment to hold the trade-in value of my trade. Of course, I in turn had honored my end by keeping that BMW 330Ci a garage queen for three months, and I think they appreciated someone turning in a car with all of the extra keys, perfect owners manuals, etc.

Another nice thing - although they had stayed firm on their $399 doc fee (I'd already given up on that), they did waive the $75 Affiliate fee which had been originally quoted.

I had already checked out the extended warranty web site (and had my coupon). They cheerfully matched the price with no problem. They did manage to sell me something though: There's a way to prepay all the standard maintenance (oil changes, tune ups, etc.) for 5 yrs/80,000.

To be honest, I hadn't noticed any threads discussing this on the forum and really wasn't prepared for that particular choice. Just looking at the numbers though, it seemed like a pretty good deal. The finance guy said he calls it the "you only pay for gas" deal and he claimed it was actually subsidized by Chrysler a little bit. Who knows? It cost me $1385. I'm curious if it was a good deal.

Anyway - upon leaving the dealer, I headed for the tire shop to switch the tires. I listened very carefully for road noise on the way there (to get a comparison) and there was very little. Once I got the LTX A/T2s put on, there was a tiny increase in road noise (felt mostly as a very low rumble) but nothing that bothers me. And OMG! The A/T2s look SO MUCH BETTER on the Jeep. Now it looks "right" (at least to me) :lol:

This took a lot of the day, so it was time to head to the customer site and to do real work - which is what I'm doing at the moment (except for this quick hiatus to report in.)

I took a couple of quick pictures with my iPhone - there wasn't time to do much. As soon as I can, I promise some better and more interesting pictures.

Navy1 04-04-2011 06:58 PM

Re: Got my Rugged Brown Summit!

Congratulations. That is a really nice vehicle. Absolutely love the color and saddle interior combination. I hope you really enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying mine.

moosehead 04-04-2011 06:58 PM

Attaboy NC, congrats and enjoy. +1 to the LTX AT2's.

scittb 04-04-2011 07:18 PM

The brown really looks awesome in the light. Even though I am getting the grey I will say I had my reservations about the brown but it looks amazing in your pics. Get mine tomorrow cant wait.
Good luck with it!!!! Congrats!

djeep 04-04-2011 07:25 PM

Sweet ride, netcoolery. Best of luck with it!

fireron 04-04-2011 07:29 PM

Very nice. Congrats!!!

pattyboy 04-04-2011 07:29 PM

Best of luck 2 u , its worth the wait...................

STIX 04-04-2011 07:46 PM

Absolutely gorgeous color. Wow!

wjs81866 04-04-2011 07:50 PM

Sweet, love the Michelin's!

kaflyboy 04-04-2011 07:56 PM

What did you do with the tires that were on the GC when you bought it? Is there a place to buy these when you guys who are switching to the Michelin's get them changed out?

One more thing, what's the speaker in the front dash between the windshield and the daylight sensor? is it a speaker for music?

netcoolery 04-04-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 389473)
What did you do with the tires that were on the GC when you bought it? Is there a place to buy these when you guys who are switching to the Michelin's get them changed out?

One more thing, what's the speaker in the front dash between the windshield and the daylight sensor? is it a speaker for music?

I was fortunate to be aware of the Latitudes (because of this great forum).

A guy I know is a manager at a nearby tire store (we go to the same church). A few weeks ago he "spammed" a bunch of us telling us about a Michelin rebate (runs through April 8th).

So I E-mailed him back and asked what he could do if I brought the Latitudes in with trivial mileage (Jeep ended arriving with 9 miles on it - took 6 more to get to his store.) He was actually able to give me full credit for the Latitudes - so I had to pony up for the difference along with the usual mounting and balancing fees and state-mandated disposal fees.

I also went ahead and bought Road Hazard insurance from him, which probably helped him on the deal. (Although maybe not ... we've got a LOT of roof work going on in Phoenix now, still recovering from our hailstorm last fall. He said he's getting killed on his Road Hazard warranties now due to scads of tires coming back with roofing nails in them.)

So, after the mail-in rebate I am out about $460 - If you subtract $100 for road hazard insurance, it comes out to about $90/tire which is roughly the difference in cost, plus the fees.

boldd 04-04-2011 08:15 PM

WIsh we could get the Summit in Canada...love that colour. Curious, I have seen one dealer with a "Limited S", but nothing on jeep.ca. What trim level is that?