Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Panoramic Roof (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/panoramic-roof-21319.html)

RJ23 04-05-2011 12:42 PM

Panoramic Roof

It's beginning to look like I may have to get a vehicle with the panoramic roof. What are your opinions on the roof? I have 2 small children that will be in back, will it be rough on their eyes? We have a Chrysler T&C and even with the dark tint the sun is sometimes rough on them.

Thoughts???

AAAA 04-05-2011 12:50 PM

Re: Panoramic Roof

There is an electric shade.

RJ23 04-05-2011 12:51 PM

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

rich mac 04-05-2011 12:54 PM

I was a little skeptical about the panoramic roof (leaks and wind noise), but wanted the overland and had no choice. After a long road trip with my 4 year old grandson in the back seat, I can make these observations: no wind noise or leaks, the grandson loved the overhead view, he didn't seem to be bothered by the light. The sunshade will stop half way back, so you can still shade the rear seat if you want to. I'm kinda glad I was forced into buying it.

AAAA 04-05-2011 12:56 PM

I too have had no problems with it and had it open during the winter. Been out in terrific rain (like today) and no problems. I love the way it lightens up the interior.

fireron 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

You could always add a darker tint to the Pano roof if needed.

sbraun 04-05-2011 01:56 PM

One additional bonus of the Panoramic Roof comes when one is out in the country away from city light pollution. The view of the stars from the back seat is worth the price of admission. I was in the same position at time of purchase. If I wanted the rear entertainment package it was a factory order, otherwise my Dealer could bring in the same vehicle with The Panoramic Roof from another Dealer in the Province. I decided on the latter option after talking with my 12 year old. With iPods, iPhones and handheld DVD players it was a logical choice.

2011RitterGC 04-05-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 389952)
There is an electric shade.

With 2 positions. Front only open or both front and back open. Just keep the shade closed over the back for your kids.

4th Cherokee 04-05-2011 08:11 PM

My 4 year daughter loves the pano roof, no issues after 7k miles and a rough winter. I love the light that floods the cabin and ability to close the shade and darken the windows.

I have limo tint on my front windows :)

4th Cherokee 04-05-2011 08:13 PM

My 4 year daughter loves the pano roof, no issues after 7k miles and a rough winter. I love the light that floods the cabin and ability to close the shade and darken the windows.

I have limo tint on my front windows :)

wjs81866 04-05-2011 09:49 PM

yes you can use the electric shade to cut off direct light if you want. No problems with ours at all.

RJ23 04-05-2011 10:29 PM

Are there any issues with using a roof rack and the panoramic roof?