Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   ? Production numbers for 2012 GC SRT8? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/production-numbers-for-2012-gc-srt8-21333.html)

transam 04-05-2011 05:59 PM

? Production numbers for 2012 GC SRT8?

Any idea of potential production numbers for 2012 GC SRT8?

Milous 04-05-2011 06:30 PM

Re: ? Production numbers for 2012 GC SRT8?

Quote:

Originally Posted by transam (Post 390166)

I have a spreadsheet somewhere I'll have to dig out that lists the projected annual production volume for the entire run of the 2nd gen Jeep SRT. The numbers may have changed by now as I got it a year or two ago. Roughly speaking, around 3,000 per year was the original scheduled volume - similar to the 1st gen.

mjw930 04-07-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transam (Post 390166)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 390185)
I have a spreadsheet somewhere I'll have to dig out that lists the projected annual production volume for the entire run of the 2nd gen Jeep SRT. The numbers may have changed by now as I got it a year or two ago. Roughly speaking, around 3,000 per year was the original scheduled volume - similar to the 1st gen.

Note he says "scheduled" volume. That's car company speak for "they will build as many they can".

IMHO It will only be limited to the number of orders they can generate.

Milous 04-07-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 391571)
Note he says "scheduled" volume. That's car company speak for "they will build as many they can".

What it means is that they have to have an advance volume commitment for all of the suppliers and for the plant.

Note that for the entire first generation they did NOT build "as many as they could". Less than 3,000 average per model year.

The internal figures I have show only about 1500 Jeep SRT8 vehicles scheduled to be built this calendar year. Supplies are going to be tight!

nosmoke 04-07-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 391632)
The internal figures I have show only about 1500 Jeep SRT8 vehicles scheduled to be built this calendar year. Supplies are going to be tight!

I hope they don't use that as an excuse to not accept Affiliate pricing. When you're talking almost 50K, every dollar counts!

edogg23 04-07-2011 09:37 PM

agreed. I probably won't be able to justify buying this thing if they don't take affiliate pricing.

mjw930 04-07-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 391632)
What it means is that they have to have an advance volume commitment for all of the suppliers and for the plant.

Note that for the entire first generation they did NOT build "as many as they could". Less than 3,000 average per model year.

I understand completely about product planning, parts logistics and all that. I'm just saying that if demand stays strong after the initial surge I'm pretty sure Chrysler will find a way to meet demand.

Here's my prediction, having watched these "special edition" model introductions for the last 30 years, SRT8's will be in short supply right up until they match pent up demand for the early adopters then it will level off and most large volume dealerships will have SRT's on their lots by the end of the year.

That's why I didn't wait for the SRT and went with an Overland, I figure I can drive it for 18 - 24 months and hit the supply and demand curve for the SRT right at it's sweet spot for the 2013 model year and not have to wait or pay a premium.

Milous 04-08-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 391733)
...and most large volume dealerships will have SRT's on their lots by the end of the year.

In following the Jeep SRT for the entire first generation, 5+ years, I can't recall any time period at all where there was an over-supply of Jeep SRT's in dealer inventory anywhere in the country.

With the exception of the short-lived Dodge Magnum, NO OTHER SRT8 model has been built in such limited numbers as the Jeep.

Schleprock 04-08-2011 07:24 AM

Milous,
Do you see a cap on initial ordering capabilities by dealers? For instance, will they need to have X allocations to even order one for a customer that seeks to buy? When ordering opens first week of June, so long as I have the means to afford one, will a dealer definitely be able to order me one? Hope that made sense, Thanks.

P-Dawger 04-08-2011 10:12 AM

Let the hype begin....

Remember there is not one person out there that wants a Jeep SRT8, and has the means, and never got one.

There is no one that has been "man I wanted one, had the money but they wouldn't build me one".

Went through all of this with the 06's...just call dealers, get your price and be patient...maybe you don't get the first run, maybe you don't want the first run, maybe you get the 8 speed and more features, different colors etc.

Bottom line - you will get one, if you want it and have the means.

Not a fan of the hype - it generates ridiculous deposits, price gouging and inflated demand.

Don't buy into the hype. I understand what Milous is saying, supplies are tight and more than likely will be - for those that have to have to have to have one - get in line. But if you are patient...you will get one too. And it may be better.

I am going to pull the trigger, limping along in an 01 Land Rover with 200k miles...would like for it to be this year....but if it does not work out then next year, or the year after that...but I will get one.

Anyway just my 02.

lll2for3lll 04-08-2011 10:17 AM

Damn this is nice.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...JeepGCSRT8.png

Jeff_Jeske 04-10-2011 11:09 AM

Do you guys really think the 8 speed will be strong enough for the 6.4L?

When ever they add gears doesn't that normally reduce strength?