Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Movement in Drivers Seat Back (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/movement-in-drivers-seat-back-21336.html)

dsmith14 04-05-2011 06:52 PM

Movement in Drivers Seat Back

Has anyone experienced this? Whenever I hit a bump it feels like something is moving around in the seat back. There is no rattle or audible noise. I can't seem to replicate it when the vehicle is not in motion. Any thoughts?

dharel1705 04-05-2011 07:12 PM

Re: Movement in Drivers Seat Back

It's the active head restraints. Read the manual on how they work. They are known to cause some movement in the seat back.

wjs81866 04-05-2011 08:05 PM

my Laredo seat seems to move side to side slightly when I go around a corner. Not sure if this is what you are feeling. My Limited doesn't do it I just haven't wanted to take it back to the dealer.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-05-2011 08:41 PM

guess they didnt fix that between the 2010 and 2011- my 2010 seats have the same movement

MasterWK 04-05-2011 10:35 PM

I haven't noticed it yet. I'll have to pay attention to it.

sonodude1 04-30-2011 09:50 PM

I had the same problem with my driver's seat back. Went to the dealer 3 times and got the same response..."Could not replicate". So I took the seat back cover off to see the lumbar support. There is a white plastic part that is pushed up into the foam cushioning of the seat back. I put about 2 inches of batting in between the plastic part and the foam cushioning then put the back cover on and no more feeling of something moving in the seat back when I went over a bump or made a quick turn. I just noticed a TSB for the lower portion of the seats that need new isolator bushings on models built before Nov 24. My lower seat cushions make a loud clunking noise and shift back and forth when making quick turns or go over anything rough. Anyway hope this helps since most dealers give you the could not replicate response without even test driving it.

Hogs 05-01-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonodude1 (Post 406847)
So I took the seat back cover off to see the lumbar support. There is a white plastic part that is pushed up into the foam cushioning of the seat back. I put about 2 inches of batting in between the plastic part and the foam cushioning

I have a squeak that recently started (2500 miles/3.5 mos old), in what sounds like the mid-to-upper portion of the drivers seatback.
Thanks for the idea, I'll be giving that a go to see it if resolves my issue.

JoeSchmoe007 05-01-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogs (Post 406896)
I have a squeak that recently started (2500 miles/3.5 mos old), in what sounds like the mid-to-upper portion of the drivers seatback.

I sometimes have that too.

sonodude1 05-05-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogs (Post 406896)

Were you able to fix the problem with the seat?