Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Hey Chrysler, use some new(or previously used on WK or WJ) colors for the WK2!!!!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hey-chrysler-use-some-new-or-previously-used-on-wk-or-wj-colors-for-the-wk2-21374.html)

jgc4ever 04-06-2011 12:59 PM

Hey Chrysler, use some new(or previously used on WK or WJ) colors for the WK2!!!!!!!!

To Chrysler:

What are you waiting for??????????? :/

To: Jeepgarage members,

What colors do you want offered on WK2s?

I'll start:

Black Clear Coat
Steel Blue Metallic
Midnight Blue Metallic
Bright Platinum Metallic

JayB 04-06-2011 01:18 PM

Re: Hey Chrysler, use some new(or previously used on WK or WJ) colors for the WK2!!!!

Hmmm interesting. I just realized that the new WK2 is not offered in any blue type color.
I wonder how many vehicles in production are not offered in blue. Any type of blue hue (ha.... ha....) is typically a popular color choice.

Polak 04-06-2011 01:19 PM

Re: Hey Chrysler, use some new(or previously used on WK or WJ) colors for the WK2!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 390767)
Hmmm interesting. I just realized that the new WK2 is not offered in any blue type color.
I wonder how many vehicles in production are not offered in blue. Any type of blue hue (ha.... ha....) is typically a popular color choice.

If there is no blue, what is blackberry? Looks pretty blue to me. :D

netcoolery 04-06-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 390768)
If there is no blue, what is blackberry? Looks pretty blue to me. :D

It's as blue as the Chicago Bears' uniforms - which is to say it's black except in bright sunlight :)

JayB 04-06-2011 01:26 PM

Yeah.... looks more purple in sunlight than blue. and more black in the shade.
Nice color though, but I would necessarily call it a blue

netcoolery 04-06-2011 01:44 PM

At this point, I suspect Chrysler will be looking at offering colors that do not require the additive made in Japan that has caused the restriction. When I picked up my Rugged Brown summit, my saleswoman mentioned that she can't order any more of those - or several other colors.

MikeD 04-06-2011 01:50 PM

I like the Steel blue from the '07-'10 WK's.

ColdCase 04-06-2011 01:53 PM

^^ yeah the so called gun metal blue from Y2000 on.

As of yesterday only white and silver can be ordered.

tmw1582 04-06-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 390774)
Yeah.... looks more purple in sunlight than blue. and more black in the shade.
Nice color though, but I would necessarily call it a blue

This is what turned me off to Blackberry. I saw it on the web and since navy is my favorite color I was very excited to get my new GC in my favorite color. While in the showroom the dealer asked me what color I was looking for and I told him I was pretty set on Blackberry. He suggested that we go look at the color swatches just in case and while we were walking over to the board I saw another car under the bright showroom lights and asked, "what's that purple color." To which he replied that's Blackberry, everyone says it's purple when they see it in the sunlight. As soon as the words purple came out of his mouth I knew I needed to pick something different. So I went with Dark Charcoal.

All that being said I would love to have a plain navy color.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-06-2011 03:33 PM

midnight blue pearl coat

Cherodude 04-06-2011 05:26 PM

I already have a Natural Green Pearl Coat, but if they made a brighter green I would have gone there. Not sure if Chrysler has one, but sort of an emerald green is what I mean.

Of other ChryCo colours I would also like Dark Khaki.

kyeo138 04-06-2011 05:29 PM

I got the charcoal, but if I had the option I would've gotten the Tungsten that's offered on the 300c