Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/wk2-srt8-center-exhaust-21384.html)

smoove7410 04-06-2011 04:23 PM

WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Something I have noticed, which is good news, is that a center exhaust actually will be pretty easy to do. Look at this pic:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezfl...mage_large.jpg

The exhaust is already running in the center and the rear body work is just a diffuser by the exhaust. Someone will inevitably make a new diffuser with only a center opening. Then just route some new pipe to it...easy. Of course, this will only work if you don't option for the trailer hitch.

The diffuser will be similar to this. All of the new srt products are doing diffusers like this in order to accommodate aftermarket exhausts. It is a separate piece which will make the center exhaust mod rather easy on the Jeep.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight..._u6_KGP_ed.jpg

Scottina06 04-06-2011 07:26 PM

Black ops to the rescue?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-06-2011 11:42 PM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
yeah he needs to do something with it ... Scott you gonna pick one up?

soontobesrt 04-07-2011 11:27 AM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Id go center exhaust in a heartbeat! Glad to see people are already looking for solutions to the "so called" problems :)

mjw930 04-07-2011 06:42 PM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Wow, when you consider the cost of the new exhaust plus the new lower valance that ends up being a lot of money to spend with absolutely no performance return on your investment. Each to his or her own I guess. I'd rather spend the 2 grand on making it go faster or corner better.......

soontobesrt 04-08-2011 11:49 AM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 391567)
Wow, when you consider the cost of the new exhaust plus the new lower valance that ends up being a lot of money to spend with absolutely no performance return on your investment. Each to his or her own I guess. I'd rather spend the 2 grand on making it go faster or corner better.......

$2k!!! Well a custom rear valence with a cutout could be had or should be had for no more than say $400-$600 realistically? Maybe not right away but at some point, prices will come down like all aftermarket markets. And the custom exhuast fabbing? Thats another $200 or so at any decent exhuast shop, as mentioned, the exhuast is already in the center so it just need to be hacked at mid portion and new tube ran back with some nice tips :) Total investment, no more than say $800 MAX. I wouldnt spend any more than that at least. Now if we're talking CF, thats another story!

White Chocolate 04-08-2011 06:14 PM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 392079)
$2k!!! Well a custom rear valence with a cutout could be had or should be had for no more than say $400-$600 realistically? Maybe not right away but at some point, prices will come down like all aftermarket markets. And the custom exhuast fabbing? Thats another $200 or so at any decent exhuast shop, as mentioned, the exhuast is already in the center so it just need to be hacked at mid portion and new tube ran back with some nice tips :) Total investment, no more than say $800 MAX. I wouldnt spend any more than that at least. Now if we're talking CF, thats another story!

Actually he is probably correct in the 2K department.

Paint, body work, exhaust, etc etc. Itll easily be around that for custom work.

Your hardly lucky to buy exhausts for 500-600 bucks.

smoove7410 04-08-2011 07:22 PM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
There is no bodywork. The rear diffuser should not be body colored, it should be a flat black. Being that it is separate and removable, your average joe should be able to install it on there own. The diffuser should cost no more than $400. At $400, there is a nice profit margin, however, they will probably charge $500...just a hunch.

Routing some pipe to two exhaust tips 2 feet will cost no more than $400 including the tips. It will be a sub $1,000 mod. We aren't talking about a full new exhaust system. It will basically be similar to a resonator delete mod work wise.

Scottina06 04-08-2011 10:48 PM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
you sure the diffuser is not part of the bumper?

Milous 04-09-2011 02:50 AM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 391567)
...on making it... corner better...

I don't think that will be necessary...

Milous 04-09-2011 03:15 AM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 392502)
you sure the diffuser is not part of the bumper?

It's all one piece.

Scottina06 04-09-2011 11:28 AM

Re: WK2 SRT8 Center Exhaust
 
that was what I thought too...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community