Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How many buttons on your Overland key? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-many-buttons-on-your-overland-key-21449.html)

rich mac 04-07-2011 08:28 PM

How many buttons on your Overland key?

I just took delivery on my Overland last week, and today I got a third key that was part of the deal (dealer had to order). The two keys that came with the vehicle have five active buttons: panic, unlock, lock, tail gate open, and remote start. The third key I got through parts have those five buttons plus a button to open the flipper glass remotely (works). Did I get shorted on the buttons I got with the car, or did I get a bonus on the extra key?

:confused::confused:

STIX 04-07-2011 08:43 PM

Re: How many buttons on your Overland key?

You got shorted. I read that Apparently owners were getting confused between the gate and hatch window buttons so the later was dropped from the fob.

Earlier builds have both but I'm not sure of the cutoff.

Technosavant 04-07-2011 09:14 PM

The flipper glass button has been eliminated. Mine (Sept build) has the button on both keys, but they really needed to differentiate the two button graphics more; I have popped the rear glass instead of opening the tailgate a couple times.

Dougcjohn 04-08-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIX (Post 391664)
You got shorted. I read that Apparently owners were getting confused between the gate and hatch window buttons so the later was dropped from the fob.

Earlier builds have both but I'm not sure of the cutoff.

Serious! So what method to pop the glass open from outside, is there a button on the glass handle? That's not cool... I'd rather have the functionality and learn than to have it removed! But Parts Counter can still get the original Fob.

Daved51 04-08-2011 08:59 AM

From Page 44 in OM

Liftgate Flipper Glass
The liftgate flipper glass is also unlocked when the
liftgate is unlocked. To open the flipper glass, push up on

the window switch located on the liftgate.

Technosavant 04-08-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougcjohn (Post 391889)
Serious! So what method to pop the glass open from outside, is there a button on the glass handle? That's not cool... I'd rather have the functionality and learn than to have it removed! But Parts Counter can still get the original Fob.

There's a small button on the liftgate- not the one on the chrome panel (that's a lock/unlock button), but it is on the underside of that panel above the license plate. You can't really see it (unless you get down on your knees and look up), but you can feel it and it is there.

Generally, I've found that I just am not flipping up the glass- it's a bit awkward to reach in over the body of the liftgate and I haven't hauled anything that won't fit (with a truck to handle that, I'm not likely to).

Dougcjohn 04-08-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 391965)
You can't really see it (unless you get down on your knees and look up), but you can feel it and it is there.

Ahhh!!! ..... I understand, I can relate... I'm married too!

(sorry, couldn't pass that one up... all staged, just needed the punt!)
And Thanks for the helpful info too!

JayB 04-08-2011 10:51 AM

So I guess I am a lucky one with the glass flipper button on the fob.
But.... I don't have the actual tailgate button. I assume that only rides that have the auto tailgate option get the button. which is fine. Glad I have the flipper glass one.
Although I don't seem to ever use my fob unless it is for remote start.

RRER 04-08-2011 01:13 PM

I have a 6/2010-built Laredo X. Having no power tailgate, my keyfob just has a button for the glass release on it. I've probably only used it once or twice, I mean, with the keyfob in your pocket all you really have to do is push the silver button on the trim to unlock it (if needed), and then push the black button underneath to release the glass. That's easier than fishing around in my pocket for the keyfob.

Landa220 04-08-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 391965)
You can't really see it (unless you get down on your knees and look up), but you can feel it and it is there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougcjohn (Post 392006)
Ahhh!!! ..... I understand, I can relate... I'm married too!

(sorry, couldn't pass that one up... all staged, just needed the punt!)
And Thanks for the helpful info too!

HAHAHAHAHAHA:lol::lol: