Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   My dilemma......what would you do? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my-dilemma-what-would-you-do-21452.html)

bosca418 04-07-2011 10:19 PM

My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Hey guys.....in a nutshell my jeep was slated for delivery on 3/28 and it still hasn't arrived at the dealership. My wife and I have already booked tickets and hotels to fly out to Chicago next week 4/15 and drive the new rig home to Seattle. My dilemma is that my jeep may not arrive in time since I will be on a schedule to get back home. I have two options:

1. You guys remember JTS97Z28? He got me this great deal in Chicago, but unfortunately he cancelled his own order. His jeep just arrived at the same dealership and I have the option to buy his rig. It has the same options I desire plus the Saddle and it's Dark Charcoal.

2. There is a White Overland on the lot with all the options I would want with the ACC, RHR and Saddle. However, the baby is a V-6.

If my Silver Overland arrives then all of this doesn't matter, but if it doesn't should I stick with the V8 and go with the Dark Charcoal......or......save a couple G's and go with the White V6?

I realize the ultimate decision is mine to make, but I would appreciate to hear your responses.

Thanks,
Albert :thumbsup:

blackpepper 04-07-2011 10:22 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Black > Silver The silver blends in too much but the black paint and chrome grille POP going down the road. I've turned my head at way more darker WK2s than lighter ones.

JMO

Good luck.

J13ntv 04-07-2011 10:24 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
It's still at ramp control based on your sig, I unfortunately don't see it getting to the dealership in time. Granted Chicago is close so you never know but it's already almost April 8th. I like white and dark charcoal but would want the hemi for towing and resale value in my case.

Btw, Did you really save that much after airline and hotel fees or did you have to go to Chicago anyways?

scittb 04-07-2011 10:25 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
get the 8. I just got mine, and on the Hwy its already avg. 24.3 Around town though its still showing 14's. I love the hemi its also very quiet, I was truly surprised. Plus dont forget with the hemi you get the bigger brakes and quadra drive. So dont think of it as just cylinders your loosing in the deal!

bosca418 04-07-2011 10:31 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 391749)
It's still at ramp control based on your sig, I unfortunately don't see it getting to the dealership in time. Granted Chicago is close so you never know but it's already almost April 8th. I like white and dark charcoal but would want the hemi for towing and resale value in my case.

Btw, Did you really save that much after airline and hotel fees or did you have to go to Chicago anyways?

I figured everything out and it turned out to be a wash. I received quotes to have it shipped out in the 1200 - 1500 range. I had some extra airline miles so the tix were free to fly out and I have some hotel connections so that wasn't an issue. So with the hotels, food and gas it would be about the same. The thing is my wife and I have never been out to the midwest so the experience in itself would be priceless. We're gonna hit the mall of america(wife), badlands national park, rushmore, yellowstone and stop by washington's wine country. We're making it a vacation! :cool:

J13ntv 04-07-2011 10:35 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Sounds like fun actually. Great way to break it in too!

Were local dealers not budgeting off msrp?

bosca418 04-07-2011 10:45 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 391759)
Sounds like fun actually. Great way to break it in too!

Were local dealers not budgeting off msrp?

That and more of the bigger dealerships had second stickers....adjusted market value BS. Just a waste of time.

Albert

slampert 04-07-2011 10:49 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Have a great trip !! That's funny because I'm from LA but found my Summit in exactly the configuration I had ordered at a dealership in Puyallup. Larson Jeep.

The day after the truck arrived, we flew up to Seattle and drove her home. Washington requires California emissions to title the vehicle. Are you certain new vehicles for sale in Illinois are so equipped ?

PhattEddie 04-07-2011 10:57 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
get the 8. I just got mine,not new, and on the Hwy I am getting 23.6 act by fillup, not display,and power out the ***.......:thumbsup:

bosca418 04-07-2011 11:24 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slampert (Post 391773)
Have a great trip !! That's funny because I'm from LA but found my Summit in exactly the configuration I had ordered at a dealership in Puyallup. Larson Jeep.

The day after the truck arrived, we flew up to Seattle and drove her home. Washington requires California emissions to title the vehicle. Are you certain new vehicles for sale in Illinois are so equipped ?

Does anyone know if the emission requirements are being met?

Dan JGC 04-08-2011 12:19 AM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
V8.....while you can!

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...i+discontinued

Actually, the V8 is great......I am enjoying it very much....good power.

silver04 04-08-2011 03:28 PM

Re: My dilemma......what would you do?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bosca418 (Post 391794)
Does anyone know if the emission requirements are being met?

there all 50 state compliant now. Remember California will want there tax also.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community