Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just Bought an Overland in Canada (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-bought-an-overland-in-canada-21474.html)

alan_dennis 04-08-2011 10:43 AM

Just Bought an Overland in Canada

The deed is done. My dealer did a search and found very few Overlands left in Canada (like 54 or something). I really wanted the frost interior as I have owned 2 saddle colored interiors on other vehicles and I always like dark outside/light inside. Went with Black paint and frost interior and got the 730N, the 20" wheels and the Hemi. Should get it early next week after a dealer trade wraps up. Thanks to everyone on this site for all the helpful info. I leased a piece of crap mini van for the 4 month winter so this is going to seem like I have died and gone to heaven. The used mini van came with features like grey plastic interior, stained carpets, awful radio, hard to close sliding doors and a weird smell. The Overland is loaded without adding anything so I am pumped! Had to share but need to get back to work now...http://jeepgarage.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

bosca418 04-08-2011 10:48 AM

Re: Just Bought an Overland in Canada

Congratulations! What was with the van? :lol:

Cherodude 04-08-2011 03:17 PM

Welcome to the WK2 club!

Andrey-Jeep 04-08-2011 03:18 PM

Good afternoon. How much is your car in Canada?
PS Please forgive me for bad English.

alan_dennis 04-08-2011 04:42 PM

List price was $54,395 (including freight, Air tax etc). Based on the invoice costs on this site, it looked like there was about $3100 mark-up and a $700 holdback. I offered a $2500 discount and they accepted. I didn't want them to make no money on the deal and felt this was a reasonable offer. I'm happy, which is all that matters:)

Andrey-Jeep 04-09-2011 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_dennis (Post 392266)
List price was $54,395 (including freight, Air tax etc). Based on the invoice costs on this site, it looked like there was about $3100 mark-up and a $700 holdback. I offered a $2500 discount and they accepted. I didn't want them to make no money on the deal and felt this was a reasonable offer. I'm happy, which is all that matters:)

Thank you. Please, specify $ 54.395 - includes shipping in the U.S. or not?

alan_dennis 04-09-2011 03:09 PM

That price included freight to Canada. Pricing is about 20% less in US so you can't use my pricing as guide in US. Good luck.

Sparro 04-10-2011 09:35 AM

I was thinking of ordering an Overland. Fully loaded V6, minus DVD system and Off Road Package.
Comes to $53,245 with destination and a/c tax. This is before Ontario 13% HST.
I was gonna try to negotiate a $5000.00 discount before taxes.
Do you guys think this is possible?

boldd 04-10-2011 10:15 AM

I got $5300 off my Overland, V8 (no ORG2, no ACC, No rear DVD). My Jeep arrived 3 days ago in town after 9 1/2 weeks of waiting. It just got to the Dealer, but I'm off on vacation now. So for the next 6 days, instead of enjoying Maui, I will be thinking of WK2....lol.

Sparro 04-10-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boldd (Post 393145)
I got $5300 off my Overland, V8 (no ORG2, no ACC, No rear DVD). My Jeep arrived 3 days ago in town after 9 1/2 weeks of waiting. It just got to the Dealer, but I'm off on vacation now. So for the next 6 days, instead of enjoying Maui, I will be thinking of WK2....lol.

I was in Hawaii last year. Spent two days on Oahu, then a one week cruise on the Pride of America, then five days in Maui. Stayed at the Kaanapali Shores... It was awesome. You will have a great trip. Go up to the summit at Haleakala Volcano... above 10,000 feet... bring a sweater cause it gets cold. I also did zip lineing at about 3500 feet... another awesome experience. You will have a blast.
Thanks on the info on the Overland, if figure if i can get a 5k discount i did good.

boldd 04-10-2011 08:48 PM

@ Sparro. Don't forget in AB we only pay GST. No HST for us!!:)

brianm929 04-11-2011 09:28 PM

I just couldn't pay the price they wanted in Canada. Why do they have to rip off us Canadians?
I just purchased a 2011 Overland with the V8 out of the US. $39K (slightly used) but I still have to ship it and pay GST. Since they kill your warranty you have to buy 3rd party insurance. All said though I'm ahead by quite a bit.

If they don't want to compete in Canada shop somewhere else!