Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Custom Tweeter Mounting In WK Dash.

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  soontobesrt 
#1 ·
I got a new set of Pioneer TS-T110 Hard Dome Tweeters from www.sonicelectronix.com for $38 shipped in the mail today and I already installed them.

Check out how I did it and what I'll be doing next.

The camera was out of focus here but it was taken with my iPhone 4 so give me a break.

Clean isn't it?

I will be buying another set of these tweeters an I will flush mount them beside the rear headrest above ther seat belt.

I sat the flush mount bracket on the trim panel and there is plenty of room behind there. I would advice anyone to do it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just to let you know. installing tweeters by the head rest will throw off all your front stage. you will hear the tweeters before any of your other speakers. i wouldn't advise doing that.

#3 ·
Come on......is it really that serious??

#4 ·
Oh yea. it will be a huge difference, but that's completely up to you if you want to do it.

#5 ·
x2, its going to be right in your ear! Its going to be extra annoying, seems like a good idea at first but trust me, its not. Test fitted mine there and it was harsh and like mentioned, imaging is all out of whack. Try the door panel anywhere near the top or possibly the B pillars at the top facing the passengers, that would work much better.

#7 ·
I would float the tweeters over the rear door speaker like you did the dash tweeters with the bracket you made. Just take two screws out of the door speakers and and use bracket to go right over the center of the speaker put your door panel back on and done no modifying your pillar. I'm always hesitant drilling panels in case you don't like the sound or look. At least with it floated over the door speaker you have options of changing them out and different brands at anytime. Just a suggestion it's your rig LOl.

#8 ·
^^^^I like that idea but the Pioneer tweeters are pretty big.

#10 ·
thats the C pillar where you wanted to put it, I think what I was saying was the pillar where the doors meet, like at the top in the seat belt cover panel area, facing the rear would work if you could run some wiring. Really top of the rear door panel works for imaginings sake and install is cake. Just my .02 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.