Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Thinking of doing a Flat White Paint Job.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/thinking-of-doing-a-flat-white-paint-job-21550.html)

402 Motoring 04-09-2011 09:30 PM

Thinking of doing a Flat White Paint Job....

So fresh off my replacing of all my MDS lifters and now that the truck is running good, I plan to turn my attention to the outside. For those who don't know I have an white 05 Limited with a 5.7. My plan was to be a poser...giving the truck the full SRT look. My son wants me to reshoot it with flat clear since thats all the rage right now. I'm all for trendy but I'm not the biggest flat paint job fan. Just reminds me of a person that never took care of the car and it just faded to a flat finish.

What do you guys think of the flat look?

Chaoul1 04-09-2011 09:41 PM

Re: Thinking of doing a Flat White Paint Job....

I think it would look pretty unique! Instead of Spraying it with Flat Clear you can get some kind of Flat Wrap to make it look like it has the Matte look!

suzieque 04-09-2011 09:49 PM

you can spray it with clear plasti dip, that turns it into an opaque matt finish showing the original color through. later on, with some effort, you can peel the plasti dip off.

TheAngryMinnow 04-09-2011 09:51 PM

flat=fad

402 Motoring 04-09-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 392959)
you can spray it with clear plasti dip, that turns it into an opaque matt finish showing the original color through. later on, with some effort, you can peel the plasti dip off.

I'm really tired of hearing about Plasti Dip (LOL) It seems to be all the rage on the forums.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Plasti Dip = Fad

BlackedOutWK 04-09-2011 10:10 PM

eh i say go for it. who cares if it's a fad...how many flat white vehicles do you see on a daily basis? esp. in white...i think it'll be pretty original looking on a wk.

i also agree on the plasti-dip comment...i cringe every time i see that word(s?) lol.

Chuck 04-09-2011 10:12 PM

Flat white with black wheels would look sweet!

Scottina06 04-09-2011 10:46 PM

keep it glossy white with a black roof and black wheels....paint all chrome black or white.....

thats classy and timeless.....

and yes...please guys...enough of the plasti-dip----LOLOLOL

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-09-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 392998)
and yes...please guys...enough of the plasti-dip----LOLOLOL

^x2

and keep it glossy, i hate matte finish cars................ they look unfinished

2005JGC 04-09-2011 11:16 PM

I agree "flat" regularly looks unfinished. I think one that semi gloss is as sexy as ANY paintjob gets! I would do semigloss if I had the ability... but paying to have someone do it is NEVER going to happen.

jeff05wk 04-10-2011 07:32 AM

white paint
white wheels
white walls
white trim

I'm still waiting for a white out fad... lol.

NikonKiem 04-10-2011 09:18 AM

https://picasaweb.google.com/skinzwr...mtrooperWhite#

STORM TROOPER
And this company did a flat black wrap on someones jeep on this form already, it looked awesome !

In case your not sure I say do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!