Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Look what I found ... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/look-what-i-found-21597.html)

kaflyboy 04-10-2011 07:01 PM

Look what I found ...

8 Attachment(s)
My summit behind my dealership. Thanks to unnamed subscriber who let me know it was on the truck enroute to dealership.

Chaoul1 04-10-2011 07:07 PM

Re: Look what I found ...

Now Take it!

jcnaranjo 04-10-2011 07:40 PM

Inspect your rear glass for proper alignment and make sure the adhesive on the hinges and shock assemblies has not gave way. I had to have my glass replaced, and so have a few other folks on here...

kaflyboy 04-10-2011 07:51 PM

10-4. i have a long checklist in my "jeep folder" that i'm taking tomorrow when i picked it up. i also found what looked to be a very small scratch on the left rear bumper that i'm going to have them inspect closely.

i was concerned about the mineral grey not being the right color, but, after seeing it in person with the saddle interior, i couldn't be happier. the saddle dash on the summit really sets off the grey on the hood. reminds me of a porsche

jcnaranjo 04-10-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 393422)
10-4. i have a long checklist in my "jeep folder" that i'm taking tomorrow when i picked it up. i also found what looked to be a very small scratch on the left rear bumper that i'm going to have them inspect closely.

i was concerned about the mineral grey not being the right color, but, after seeing it in person with the saddle interior, i couldn't be happier. the saddle dash on the summit really sets off the grey on the hood. reminds me of a porsche

I was looking for a black Summit and ended up with the mineral gray. It accentuates the lines of the vehicle a lot more than any other color. It grew on me very quickly... Congrats! Enjoy...

http://tapa.tk/mu/ae37dcfa-554e-c929.jpg

HawkeyeJeep 04-10-2011 09:03 PM

Congrats! Very nice!

SHopkinson 04-10-2011 09:05 PM

That is one nice ride.... Mine should be here in a few days. In Kentucky right now. I too was worried about the color but after seeing yours... Simply Awesome.

lll2for3lll 04-10-2011 10:02 PM

Blue and grey......my favorite colors. Enjoy it.

scittb 04-10-2011 10:05 PM

Check all your hood and fender and door lines. Mine are all messed up!!!!! Waiting to hear back from the dealer to see what they are going to do.......Can't wait to see what they have to say:0(

kaflyboy 04-10-2011 10:21 PM

What do you mean hood finders and door lines? specifically what should i look for?

scittb 04-10-2011 10:31 PM

Meant to write fenders, sorry. The gaps between them all. My hood is off slightly as well as my fenders gaps with front doors. The whole front clip will need to be loosened and readjusted. Im pretty peaved right now considering I spent 50K!! Look at the lines to make sure the gap is even from one side to the other
Take your avatar pic for example in the pic you can see the line where the door meets the front fender, and the front door has a gap with the rear door....You want to see the gap equidistant through the whole gap.

Dan JGC 04-11-2011 12:36 AM

Can't go wrong with Mineral Gray....it is a very sharp color. My dad is gonna get a Mineral Gray Limited later this year...probably will wait for 2012's or a great deal on a 2011 if he can find it (will be his second MG GC).

You'll really love it after you drive it......I just got back from driving my Summit down in South Beach...used sport mode today for first time too. Still learning more.