Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Warm weekend...finally...

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dougcjohn 
#1 ·
Well, we had a nice weekend in NE Maryland - it's even nicer today, so nice that I kind of wish I ended up being furloughed, just for today though - so I was able to install some items that had been floating around my garage since Christmas.

I added the MOPAR door sill guards and my Sharkfin antenna.

I used Frog Tape (green) painters tape because I knew it wouldn't damage the cars paint. I cleaned each area first and then I wiped each area with alcohol to finish the prep.

Installation of each was very easy and painless. The hardest part was making sure everything lined up straight and even because once the 3M adhesive touched down it wasn't moving.

For the sills I used the JEEP logo sill to properly center the new sill which is nearly the same length. I ran tape from the edge of the Jeep sill down to the rocker. The rear was a bit tricky as there was no "guide" to use so I just measured and marked.

For the Sharkfin: When laying the tape I had the Sharkfin resting in place and I simply put the tape around it. I wasn't worried about my tape being properly aligned; instead I marked a rectangle on the tape using a square. This gave me a guide to measure the Sharkfin against. After I checked the Sharkfins operation, I removed the backing and applied pressure, and then I removed the tape. I must say the instructions were good. And, as I posted on another thread, I haven't noticed any difference in AM/FM or SAT reception (I have a 730N RER).

For those who missed out on the group buy and are wondering where to get one from, go to www.sharkfinantenna.com. Our group buy discount wasn't incredible but a discount is a discount so I would recommend starting another feeler group buy thread if enough members are interested.

Hopefully we get another nice weekend soon because I am itching to install my OEM Overland Grille & MOPAR Tow hooks.

Here are some pics...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
^^looks great. Too bad rain is predicted...the 80+ temps today would've been good for a nice detailing on my rig. I may do it anyway and just leave it in the garage till things dry out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.