Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Need your opinion jg (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/need-your-opinion-jg-2162.html)

Megatron 08-19-2009 02:20 PM

Need your opinion jg
 
Was thinking of buying the chrome window trim. But I wont have the rear quarter panel covered. Do you think it will look weird?

Here is a photoshop I provided. Top pic with quarter panel chrome, Bottom is without. Slight difference, but will it look off?

Thanks to Elvis, Used his pic for reference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...et08/Test1.jpg

Scottina06 08-19-2009 02:27 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
I did this mod Mamba and the rear windows are pretty cheap on www.car-part.com The problem is if the salvage yard is not close...they dont like to ship them. It only cost me $100 to have my old ones removed and the new ones installed. Also...believe it or not...I sold the black moldings and rear windows for more thasn I paid for the chrome moldings new and the rear 1/4 windowss used.

LTrainGC 08-19-2009 02:28 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
I actually don't think it looks that bad with the rear quarter left black... that is a pic though. Wonder how it'd look in person.

Megatron 08-19-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 49344)
I did this mod Mamba and the rear windows are pretty cheap on www.car-part.com The problem is if the salvage yard is not close...they dont like to ship them. It only cost me $100 to have my old ones removed and the new ones installed. Also...believe it or not...I sold the black moldings and rear windows for more thasn I paid for the chrome moldings new and the rear 1/4 windowss used.

Wowzers @ the price you got. I'll look into that. I had kausekaos wanting to trade the rear quarter panels a few weeks ago but I havent heard from him or anything. (he wants to black out the srt). So if I cant get the rear quarter, I will just leave it black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 49345)
I actually don't think it looks that bad with the rear quarter left black... that is a pic though. Wonder how it'd look in person.

Yeah I agree. One of our members here DAVY27 has the rear quarter black and rest chrome. Looks kinda good but he wants to get it also.

I just want it to accent the chrome from the brush guard and bumper guards I have. Some people like their cars to have some sort of bling. :lol:

White WK Swagga 08-19-2009 02:33 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
I voted no. IMO only do it if you plan on completing the chrome trim. If the rear black is only temt than I understand. I say all or nothing... IMO

Megatron 08-19-2009 02:42 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 49351)
I voted no. IMO only do it if you plan on completing the chrome trim. If the rear black is only temt than I understand. I say all or nothing... IMO

Dag nabbet nate. I'm not rich! :lol:

B.P.O.D 08-19-2009 02:48 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
i agree wtih nate paul... go all chrome

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

but if u do plan on doing all chrome one at a time then go for it!!!

Megatron 08-19-2009 03:02 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 49363)
i agree wtih nate paul... go all chrome

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

but if u do plan on doing all chrome one at a time then go for it!!!

Yea I will, hopefully the person is still down for the rear quarter panel trade.:)

White WK Swagga 08-19-2009 03:05 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EZY (Post 49359)
Dag nabbet nate. I'm not rich! :lol:

LOL Me either. Thats why I may do the OEM HID one at a time. LOL

Megatron 08-19-2009 03:17 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 49380)
LOL Me either. Thats why I may do the OEM HID one at a time. LOL

Lol no way..............

Martyp 08-19-2009 03:44 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
I voted no too. I think the rear quarter trim finishes the look of perfectly.

Not saying it looks bad without it tho - 'cos it doesn't.

ducks unlimited 08-19-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Need your opinion jg
 
i have it but it scratches easily


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community