Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Nissan paint... SUCKS VW/AUDI interiors.

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  NHWK05 
#1 ·
So at my work we have a few 06 Nissan Altimas, all with 70k to 105k on them, mostly highway.

First off i noticed that the steel rims rusted really fast. its an 06 and all i can see behind the wheel covers is rust.

Second, they all have highway miles on them and every single one of them the front bumpers and the hood are horribly chipped beyond repair besides new paint.

Third all of the interior hard plastics like door handles and control bezels are all peeling and looking crappy or the paint is flaking.

I have noticed all of these ailments on many different models of Nissan and not so much on other cars except for VW and Audi, they really suck to get clean and dont last very long.

We have many other makes of cars and trucks that are not even close to this bad but same mileage as well as i have owned other vehicles that dont come close to this.

ON to VWs and Audi's

I can never seem to get the upholstery and the carpet to come clean in an audi or VW, the dirt just keeps coming up no matter how good of a vac or extractor the shop has. Also the interior plastics seem to peel and flake just like the Nissans do.

Is this just more of Nissan and VW/Audis lack of quality? In what are supposed to be well made cars?

This is 1 of the altimas with the bad front bumpers:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would guess the Altimas are sales cars....meaning drug reps and salesman/woman drove them. All highway miles and probably not serviced or cared for on the exterior besides a trip through the auto carwash once a month. My body shop gets Enterprise rent a cars before they are sold.....yo should see some of them and they have 10-30K miles on them

#6 ·
To me it just seems like both a lack of maintenance and poor paint quality. My mothers 01 Impala has 124k highway miles over a highway that is always under construction and its not even close to being that bad.

#7 ·
Audi's are not cheap quality. That kind of shocks me that you would say that. Basically everything made by Chrysler is under par. Cheap plastic in almost every model.

My guess is, They don't take care of their cars. But that can happen in any car.

#8 ·
Then why is it with anything that is not fresh of the lot the following problems happen with alot of the audi and VW cars.

Windows do not always like to move up or down in the winter.

Carpets and upholstery are incredibly hard to get clean.

The soft feel plastics used on door handles and bezels peel and flake.

Wheels are very hard to get clean poor finish quality and harsh brake pad residue or dust that easily ruins wheel finish.

Im sorry but i have seen old beat up Chrysler products that i would take any day over an old or beat up vw or Audi.

I am not saying this of new products from audi and vw because i have not had any experience with them but the older pre 2003 stuff is junk IMHO and i have detailed alot of them.

#10 ·
Before my jeep I had a 3.5SL altima and that was fully loaded. I loved the speed just it was very plasticy. The door pannels, the dash everything was put together like sh*t. And that bumper looked a lot like my bumber except mine was black. (Even worse) My 03 Maxima GLE was put together a lot better than my Altima and was more solid of a ride though the altima was faster.

#11 ·
I cant speak for Nissan, But Ive have had a few Audis and IMO not many cars in its class can touch it Quality wise. I've had my 02 AR for 7 years and it still looks like new. has 86k on the clock, I drive it down south, and to VA once a month.

#12 ·
Dont get me wrong, i love how an AUDI handles and i love the Allroad, But the doro handles and the cloth seats and carpet do not last at all. Every older audi or VW i have had to detail has has peeling and delaminating door handles and the cloth seats or carpet just wont come clean.

#18 ·
everything you are saying is entirely wrong.. unfortunately you cant even compare an audi to any american car.. They are top of the line cars just like bmw or mercedes, if anything and im sure most of you would agree their new line of cars might even be better then some beamers.. My dad has gone through 9 of them and is on his fully loaded 4.2 q7 now, he had an all road a6, a8, my mom has an a4 convertible now stock and its stilll has a nicer interior then most jeeps. There isnt very much plastic at all in any audi and i have never seen it flake..

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

as for the V dubss idk my mom had a jetta and you really should never even look at it if your interested in buying one

#20 ·
yes, I helped a guy with a jetta change his tire using just the in car supplies, and I can say the jack was hopelessly complicated and and most if not all the plastics that weren't wraped in leather had cheap peeling paint on the doors, shifter, and handbrake.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

of corse we torqued the wheels after wards, and the center caps for the rims almost broke when we tried to pry them off with the tool provided in the trunk just for the job.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

this was in my auto-shop class.

#19 ·
the 1 thing that sucks A$$ about audi/VW and the difference between them and BMW+Mercedes is that they break down ALOT!!! my buddy works for porsche and works on VW and AUDI's as well at his job. he said NEVER EVER EVER buy an AUDI/VW out of warranty or without a warranty!!!

#22 ·
clearly im not gonna mistreat the cars i own?? and clearly im gonna take care of it, i think that's a given when you drop close to 70k for a car... I take care of my jeep just as well and it doesnt look as nice as my 60.000 mile... What cloth seats are you talking about "buddy" I've never seen an audi with cloth seats before

#23 ·
First of all i am not talking about the 70k audis, ive been talking about A4, A6, Jettas and passats.

I have said this repeatedly, On the VW cloth seats and on the VW and the AUDI carpet it is very hard to get them to come completely clean. I am not talking about well off people who drive 70k audis. I am talking about used Audi A4s and A6s and VW Jettas and Passats that come in to detail shops all the time. Most are owned by young adults/kids whos mommy and daddy bought them for them for their 16th b day and they have never taken care of them.

On almost every older A4, A6, passat and jetta i have detailed the grab handle on the door is peeling like it has a thin rubbery clear coat on it and the VW cloth seats are near impossible to get clean and the Audi and the VW carpet just plain sucks to get any type of mashed in stain or sand out of. No matter how many times you extract the carpet or steam it the sand just keeps coming up.

#24 ·
Yep, the grab handles on these cars do begin to disintegrate VERY quickly. I cleaned one with just 35k and it was pretty bad - serious design flaw!

Cloth seats in a Jetta/Passat are a major PITA! They are fur ball central, I spent about 45 minutes cleaning a Jetta with cloth seats as apposed to about 15-20 on a normal car with both with just light dust.

Leather seats are a god send, but there are loads of these cars about with cloth seats (at least over here anyway).

Previous model Ford Focus had one horrible carpet too and I hate them, its like a cheap trunk carpet through out and everything gets stuck in the fibres.

So I agree with you completely Kyle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.