Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Rim Offset question - Lifted WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/rim-offset-question-lifted-wk-21666.html)

babygorilla 04-12-2011 12:27 AM

Rim Offset question - Lifted WK

Hey guys,

I have a 2" OME lift I'm installing. I'm running 1.5" spacers all around, and a 265/70R17 Duratrac tire.

The question has to do with rims. I have a choice between 2 rims. Both are 17x9. One has a 12mm offset. The other is a -6. From what I understand... the -6 will stick out from the Jeep farther than the 12mm. Is this correct? And if so... how much more will it actually stick out? Will it be noticeable?

I want this thing beefy looking... but think it's dumb when too much of the tire sticks out from the Jeep...especially since I live in the city....

Thanks in advance ...

D_Money 04-12-2011 07:42 AM

Re: Rim Offset question - Lifted WK

When I did mine, I found out that stockers are a 50mm offset. I think a 6 would stick out really far comparatively.

lll2for3lll 04-12-2011 07:46 AM

You don't need spacers with those tires. I don't think.

babygorilla 04-12-2011 01:19 PM

Which ones? The -6 or the +12

jlewissystem 04-12-2011 01:28 PM

Not knowing too much, but throwing in my 2 cents ( :) ) : I have the OME HD with the +12 Moto Metals (as you know ;) ) They stick out about 2 inches and rub at about 75% turn. I will need the spacers i purchased which are 1.5".

mayor bloom 04-12-2011 01:46 PM

When I had my BB installed I had, Dick Cepek DC-1 on the back spacing was something like 4.5" and boy did the tire stick out and I still had to do the pinch weld mod; I was running 265/70/17.
I did upgrade to the OME HD and when the jeep was having it installed, the shop told me that the clear coat was haevily come off one of my rims. So, long story short, I got new rims (free). When I researched rims for the jeep, I like you, like the beefy look but did not want my tires sticking out 2". AEV had discontinued the rims I like but the spec on the rim was a 5.3" BS. So I searched and searched and found that KMC XD offered rims in a similar BS. I had to sacrifice the look I wanted to get the BS I needed and went with the XD Addict.
Now , as for the pinch weld mod; you may still have to do it. I don't know, I already had it done. But I am running 275/70/17 with no rubbing on the ome hd lift.

babygorilla 04-12-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayor bloom (Post 394514)
When I had my BB installed I had, Dick Cepek DC-1 on the back spacing was something like 4.5" and boy did the tire stick out and I still had to do the pinch weld mod; I was running 265/70/17.
I did upgrade to the OME HD and when the jeep was having it installed, the shop told me that the clear coat was haevily come off one of my rims. So, long story short, I got new rims (free). When I researched rims for the jeep, I like you, like the beefy look but did not want my tires sticking out 2". AEV had discontinued the rims I like but the spec on the rim was a 5.3" BS. So I searched and searched and found that KMC XD offered rims in a similar BS. I had to sacrifice the look I wanted to get the BS I needed and went with the XD Addict.
Now , as for the pinch weld mod; you may still have to do it. I don't know, I already had it done. But I am running 275/70/17 with no rubbing on the ome hd lift.

Thanks for that info. Do you have any pix of your ride? Especially down in the tire area and how far it sticks out?

D

jlewissystem 04-13-2011 06:19 PM

Baby: looks like I have to do the pinch weld. Doing it tonight, so i'll let you know. Since mine stick out about 2 inches, i think I'm going to try and avoid the 1.5 spacers......dont want a rollerskate :) I'll update later.