Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Fogs Installation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/fogs-installation-2172.html)

DAVY27 08-19-2009 10:16 PM

Fogs Installation

Not too good with electrical and lightning and need some help! Lookin to install fog lights on my laredo. i see the fog kit from J4J, which includes the lights and the dash-mount switch. the thing is it requires Starscan to get it workin. Called up the dealership to see how much that would run me and they said $150 :eek: just for Starscan. Is there anyway to use the kit without starscan? maybe aftermarket fogs? Have any1 done this? appreciate ne kind of help:thumbsup:

Scottina06 08-19-2009 10:25 PM

Re: Fogs Installation

damn...the install is gravy and directions are included with the kit....but $150 to activate them. it takes 30 seconds!!! My dealer did it for FREE!

05wkguy 08-20-2009 01:28 AM

You could use an aftermarket switch and relay wired into the factory fogs. I'd try and find another dealer first.

B.P.O.D 08-20-2009 09:49 AM

bro i would call around a few dealerships to see what they say about the starscan. it does literally take 30 secs. do you need an oil change? get one and say hey my fogs aren't working right can you check them out?

Megatron 08-20-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 49691)
bro i would call around a few dealerships to see what they say about the starscan. it does literally take 30 secs. do you need an oil change? get one and say hey my fogs aren't working right can you check them out?

That sounds like a good plan. Try westbury jeep and mention the website LOL.

Good luck dave!

White WK Swagga 08-20-2009 12:45 PM

I'd install them and go to the dealer and say "They stopped working" LOL

Megatron 08-20-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 49732)

:lol:

DAVY27 08-20-2009 05:44 PM

LOL. you know what? i might just do that lol. gonna turn in my free first oil change next week and see if i can pull it off :D. but gonna be a b*tch if it doesnt work and i purchase the kit.

Megatron 08-20-2009 06:06 PM

Davy, give them a call first and say your fogs wont work. LOL

Chuck 08-20-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 49732)

I agree :D

TimmyB 08-20-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 49590)
Not too good with electrical and lightning and need some help! Lookin to install fog lights on my laredo. i see the fog kit from J4J, which includes the lights and the dash-mount switch. the thing is it requires Starscan to get it workin. Called up the dealership to see how much that would run me and they said $150 :eek: just for Starscan. Is there anyway to use the kit without starscan? maybe aftermarket fogs? Have any1 done this? appreciate ne kind of help:thumbsup:

I bought the same kit from J4J and install was easy. Just need a set or torx drivers. But $150 to activate from that dealer????? thats insane, and you should call them up and complain they are trying to rip you off. When I got mine activated I went down with the starscan instructions in my hand, asking how much then was told half hour labor at like 45 bucks. I rolled my eyes and said whatever but ill never come back here with those prices for the actual work done. When my car was ready, 10 min later, the guy said he "gave me a break", bill was for 20 bucks. So yes, call around and let them know that you know it only takes 5 min to actually activate.

DAVY27 08-20-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 49942)
I bought the same kit from J4J and install was easy. Just need a set or torx drivers. But $150 to activate from that dealer????? thats insane, and you should call them up and complain they are trying to rip you off. When I got mine activated I went down with the starscan instructions in my hand, asking how much then was told half hour labor at like 45 bucks. I rolled my eyes and said whatever but ill never come back here with those prices for the actual work done. When my car was ready, 10 min later, the guy said he "gave me a break", bill was for 20 bucks. So yes, call around and let them know that you know it only takes 5 min to actually activate.

yea these dam ny dealerships are ridiculous. imma call around and see if i can get it around $50. even $50 is expensive for a minute job.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

after i get this done imma go bak and give em all a stunner! Stone Cold Style!!!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

thanks guys for all the advice