Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   iPhone 4 HELP (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/iphone-4-help-21723.html)

UNCjeepWK2 04-13-2011 08:30 AM

iPhone 4 HELP

Just got the iphone 4... and it will not connect. UConnect says it's not compatible... but Uconnect's own website says it is. My dealership says I need some passcode from Apple... Verizon doesn't know what the heck is going on and neither does Apple.

Does anyone know anything??

I have the 430 (RBZ)... no nav. Anyone had any luck pairing? Thx.

lll2for3lll 04-13-2011 08:46 AM

Re: iPhone 4 HELP

Apple blocks a lot of stuff from pairing with their devices. You could Jailbreak your iPhone 4, like myself, and then try 3rd party underground application that would help.

UNCjeepWK2 04-13-2011 09:47 AM

It may be that since my iphone is brand new and has the latest (4.2.6) software, that's the problem...

Anyone?

mjw930 04-13-2011 09:48 AM

Mine and my wife's iPhone 4's pair perfectly with the 430N but since the pairing is through uConnect, which I think is the same on both models, it should pair fine. It doesn't need to be jailbroken to pair for headset use, you just need to enable bluetooth and make sure it's discoverable. No different than pairing a bluetooth headset.

Technosavant 04-13-2011 10:01 AM

Apple uses a nonstandard Bluetooth implementation in the iPhone 4. There have been software updates to both the RER and RHB to establish compatibility. I don't know what is available for the RBZ.

Jpjr 04-13-2011 10:02 AM

IPhone4.... bummer dude IPhone 5 will be out in a few months.

UNCjeepWK2 04-13-2011 10:24 AM

^Don't hold your breath.

JayB 04-13-2011 10:37 AM

iphone 4 from verizon has not been tested w/ 430 RBZ.
iphone 4 on ATT has been tested, but its interactions vary with which radio you have.
Unless Uconnect is planning on testing and making software changes (doubtful?)
I would say you are sol.... which is pretty lame.

lll2for3lll 04-13-2011 10:47 AM

Not SOL. Why.......? Because there plently of underground software that will allow you to pair with anything. I'll do research later and give you info. It's worth a try because it works with other stuff.

gtj105 04-13-2011 10:55 AM

Default Bluetooth password is "0000". that could be the password they are talking about.

Dan JGC 04-13-2011 11:01 AM

You should make sure you have the latest iOS on your iPhone 4 via iTunes first. Then simply pair it with the RHR. Just that simple. If I recall correctly, just hit the phone voice command button on the steering wheel and say phone pairing.

Have you ever paired your iPhone with anything Bluetooth before? It is simple, but you also need to have Bluetooth ON in your iPhone settings. Then once you start the pairing you pick a 4 digit code to pair. Very simple and works great.

lll2for3lll 04-13-2011 11:59 AM

Ok. Just did some research and found that the problem isn't the iPhone 4. The problem is the MyGig. Make sure your MyGig is on the latest software version. My other suggestion is to go to a dealership and test your iPhone in other WK2's with Uconnect.

The Bluetooth function in your MyGig HU could be bad and I wouldn't be surprised if it is. I found on a forum that someone with a new vehicle had to replace their MyGig HU and the problem was solved.

Others were able to solve the issue by updating the MyGig HU to the latest software.

The iPhone 4 isn't the issue. But......you do have the Verizon iPhone 4 which has different hardware. I would suggest researching to see if others with the Verizon iPhone 4 are able to pair with Uconnect.

If others with Verizon's iPhone 4 are able to connect and you've tried everything but they fail, I would suggest replacing the MyGig HU. Why not? You paid for it and it's suppose to work but it isn't. It's worth a try because others have been able solve this issue by replacing it.

I'm sure it would be covered under warranty.