Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overlands on restriction? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overlands-on-restriction-21734.html)

bosca418 04-13-2011 12:23 PM

Overlands on restriction?

Just got off the phone with a local large volume dealer and he said that all Overlands are on restriction till September!!! Is he on crack?

Thanks

dobiegillis 04-13-2011 12:50 PM

I've heard this rumor as well but not clear on the reasoning.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using Tapatalk

mjw930 04-13-2011 01:09 PM

Re: Overlands on restriction?

Milous would need to confirm but it's not too far fetched. My guess is they have enough orders in the pipeline through the end of the production run (maybe 7 more weeks) and the initial 2012 run is probably based on allocation but I doubt the ordering restriction would be past the order book opening for 2012 models.

one11sgt 04-13-2011 02:01 PM

Today is allegedly the last day to order 2011's. Also certain colors, like blackberry pearl, are no longer able to be ordered because the pigments come from Japan.

Jgauthier 04-13-2011 06:59 PM

What happens if an order went through before the restriction but still in bx status when the restriction comes? Is there any chances that Chrysler is not going to fulfill the order??

ColdCase 04-13-2011 07:26 PM

As of last week, you could only order white or silver, and then there were some other restrictions. My dealer changed one of the orders he had in his queue to my specs, but I dunno if that will work. Otherwise wait till 2012s or fly to the Philly area and do a pick up... but I need to sell the old clunker first.....

Lingohocken 04-13-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosca418 (Post 395234)
Just got off the phone with a local large volume dealer and he said that all Overlands are on restriction till September!!! Is he on crack?

You gotta be kidding!:eek:

Dan JGC 04-13-2011 08:16 PM

Oddly....my other April Fools joke was gonna be that only White Gold and Stone White weren't restriction.....can it be true that only Silver and White can be ordered???? Crazy times...

alan_dennis 04-13-2011 08:48 PM

Canada has less than 50 Overlands left. I pick up mine in two days (dealer trade). Best either get something off lot or wait till later this year. Orders are closing off I have heard so act now or hold your piece (you know what I mean).

Dan JGC 04-13-2011 08:53 PM

I'm very happy that the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is selling very well, but it seems that Jeep is leaving money on the table by not being able to build and delivery them in sufficient quantity...and as a long time Jeep owner, I want them to be successful so they can build even better Jeeps but am not happy that they don't have their act fully together right now. Let's hope the 2012 model gets built more smoothly...

jeepin dave 04-13-2011 09:59 PM

I think it might be the individual dealer(s).
Might be dealer budgets or Jeep restrictions.
As a management and computer consultant with main speciality being large knowledge and document systems, I travel extensively to customer sites.
Recently I was in Detroit assisting General Motors make their global information systems more efficient and more responsive.
Just down the road from the GM Technical Center is Friendly Jeep. They are on Van Dyke (sp?) and about 12th in Warren (part of Detroit).
They are the only dealer I have seen that had in stock Overlands with black, beige, and saddle interiors to compare.
Talked to Tod there. Both he and his wife drive Jeeps. Tod is a Jeep enthusiast and can honestly talk Jeeps.
Talked to Tod about 3 weeks ago and he said that there were no problems ordering Overlands. However, decided to wait until the 2012s.
If anyone is interested, can get the exact address and phone number of Tod and the dealer.
Tell Tod that Dave from GM interested in the Overlands recommended him.
Have fun!

boldd 04-13-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_dennis (Post 395529)
Canada has less than 50 Overlands left. I pick up mine in two days (dealer trade). Best either get something off lot or wait till later this year. Orders are closing off I have heard so act now or hold your piece (you know what I mean).

Really? Good thing my Overland V8 was ordered and is now in. Just waiting for me to come back from vacation. 3 days!

According to jeep.ca, there are 38 Overland in stock in Edmonton and 19 additional in transit. So how can there only be 50 in Canada?

Londonderry: 4 + 10 In transit
Derrick (my dealer): 8
Capital: 6
Great West: 4 + 1 in transit
Crosstown: 3
Southtow: 6 + 4 in transit
St. Albert: 1 in transit
Sherwood Park: 7 + 3 in transit