Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   How do you Remove the headliner (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/how-do-you-remove-the-headliner-21746.html)

NikonKiem 04-13-2011 04:29 PM

How do you Remove the headliner
 
How do you remove the headliner ?

blackonblack 04-13-2011 09:49 PM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
trying to install a radar?

Scottina06 04-13-2011 10:10 PM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
ya have to pull all pillars off(a, b, c and d), upper console, interior mirrors, rear seat upper lamps, rear header panel. The panel will then drop down. be careful to nuetralize the airbags in the roof is you have them.

Gojeep 04-14-2011 04:01 AM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
Can leave the upper console in place as will come out with it once the wiring is disconnected.

Muddy4DSM 01-24-2012 11:07 PM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
Bumping again - what is the best way to remove that sunglass holder, maplight, garage door opener assembly? I tried pulling, but only got the front end to flex a bit and didn't want to go further is it was going to break on me.

TurboDiesel 01-25-2012 12:05 AM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
^ just took minne off 4 hours ago to find leak
start by pulling down clossest to windsheild
there are 4 cllips
just pull, it wont break :P

08jeepman 03-05-2012 08:12 AM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 560129)
^ just took minne off 4 hours ago to find leak
start by pulling down clossest to windsheild
there are 4 cllips
just pull, it wont break :P

Thats interesting. I just got a leak in the same place. Sunglasses holder and front pillars. Did you ever find out what the cause was?

TurboDiesel 03-05-2012 08:53 AM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
Yea my rear sunroof drain

Had to pull down the headliner abit to get to
I was able to open the sunroof then I could see a stream of water coming from the back
When I pulled down my headliner the rear drain was soaking wet (it has some sponge around it) even tho it hadn't rained for a couple days.

To pull down the headliner u gotta start from the back
Take that upper vent like panel off (just pull it)
Pull the D-Pillar off
The C-pillar has 1 screw in it, then just pulls off
Then I unscrewed the rear upper handle / light

Put a wire thru the drain tube
Then blew air thru it till I could hear it coming out the bottom
Then siliconed the drain before re-installing


Sounds hard but is super easy
Good luck

08jeepman 03-07-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 586883)
Yea my rear sunroof drain

Had to pull down the headliner abit to get to
I was able to open the sunroof then I could see a stream of water coming from the back
When I pulled down my headliner the rear drain was soaking wet (it has some sponge around it) even tho it hadn't rained for a couple days.

To pull down the headliner u gotta start from the back
Take that upper vent like panel off (just pull it)
Pull the D-Pillar off
The C-pillar has 1 screw in it, then just pulls off
Then I unscrewed the rear upper handle / light

Put a wire thru the drain tube
Then blew air thru it till I could hear it coming out the bottom
Then siliconed the drain before re-installing


Sounds hard but is super easy
Good luck

Well, I live in pa so it snows n freezes quite a bit. I was thinking that maybe it was ice build up.

TurboDiesel 03-07-2012 08:43 AM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
yep could be ice build up

mine also had some caked on mud underneathe that probably didnt help my situation

08jeepman 03-17-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 395581)
ya have to pull all pillars off(a, b, c and d), upper console, interior mirrors, rear seat upper lamps, rear header panel. The panel will then drop down. be careful to nuetralize the airbags in the roof is you have them.

How do you neutralize the airbags?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jwernatl 04-05-2012 08:13 PM

Re: How do you Remove the headliner
 
That is an awesome question 'cause I have to pull my wifes '08 headliner and do something to the stuck sunroof...

How do you neutralize the air bags? Just pull a fuse??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community