Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Corsa Exhaust Install - Quick Update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/corsa-exhaust-install-quick-update-21794.html)

Dougcjohn 04-14-2011 05:34 PM

Corsa Exhaust Install - Quick Update

Finally received my Overland WK2, and I've been a happy new Owner for 3 days. I've been busy during the evening; so far completed: Summit Grill, Chrome Fog Bezels, Side Steps, Opt 20" Chrome Wheels w/ Nitrogen fill, and the Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust.

No Pictures yet posted, I'm wanting to get'er done a little more.
No Exhaust Audio recorded yet, will get that in days ahead.

Cool thing with Air Suspension, lift it up, lock it and work under it without jacks. Ample room to remove OEM stock exhaust and install Corsa Exhaust on the garage floor as a 1 person job. Total time on exhaust took about 4-5 hours to complete.

Corsa was a perfect fit! All the mount rods aligned without issue to each of the OEM donut mounts. Required to install a new bracket on the forward donut mount that substituted the OEM mount due to the 2 forward Corsa mufflers being different width and slightly different location compared to the all-one-piece OEM forward muffler. After a little tweaking & rotating the pipes a little for alignment, everything tucked up great and without any contact to drivetrain or undercarriage... no rattles!

Fired it up and was impressed... actually better than expected. I didn't want a loud idle exhaust and Corsa tends to be louder at Idle. I did want a lower tone and able to hear the cylinder pulses. With this exhaust, there will be NO sound changes over time... no sound packing material to break-in or burn out.

The idle is probably very close to OEM, but much more throaty. Under load with RPM's it is a sweet sound to my ears! Cruising is noticeable that it's not stock, again it's not loud; just a deeper throat tone.

Glad to report, Absolutely NO Drone! To my ears, and many consider me picky on sounds. Slight rattles or drone is extremly frustrating to me. Had no issues hearing low volume radio and easily able to converse and hear music/new programs. Coworkers in the parking lot present when I arrived or departed stated Jeep sounded very nice and throaty and not offensive.

I drove it over a wide spectrum of load & RPM, lugging & easy throttle tip-in's. No Drone, not even a remote twinge of vibration or drone!

My Wife whom was unaware of my exhaust change noticed it and stated the exhaust sounded nice; She didn't notice or state any complaints!

I'm still breaking engine, tranny & drive train in, so I haven't done a full stop WOT run yet. Doing a WOT from 40 to 90, and pulling high shift point RPM's the exhaust comes alive around 3K RPM and sounds nice inside the cabin. You hear it as a strong low tone that is louder than stock exhaust, but again not extreme and still easily able to talk during acceleration.

Just an update for those pondering their next update!

Next is to install the 4 skid plates, suspension links, tow hooks, and a few pretties.

So Far... I'm loving this WK2 Overland! But I need more road time and less garage time to experiment & learn.

Chuck 04-14-2011 05:45 PM

Re: Corsa Exhaust Install - Quick Update

Nice! But we need those photos and videos :D

Dougcjohn 04-14-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 396041)
Nice! But we need those photos and videos :D

I hear ya, planning it for ya!
Waiting on replacement wheel, Going back to replace a damaged rim with minor ding. When it's up on rack, I'll photograph the underside with detailed shots for visual install.

J13ntv 04-17-2011 02:37 PM

How you liking the Corsa still? I can't decide between the Borla and Corsa, there both about 1200 on www.autoanything.com at the moment...

Dougcjohn 04-18-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 397452)
How you liking the Corsa still? I can't decide between the Borla and Corsa, there both about 1200 on www.autoanything.com at the moment...

J13ntv, bounced a PM back to ya. I'm liking the Corsa a lot!
Both are great products; my experience is with Corsa and couldn't be happier in all ways! Fuel Tank Skids installed this weekend without any issues.

Scurvy 04-21-2011 07:42 AM

Im still torn between the Corsa and Borla. Both sound good...im just trying to find better pics of them installed. I just dont want the tips to stick out passed the bumber too much. There is a guy that works by me that has tips on his WK2 that stick out like 4" passed his bumper. not a huge fan of that.

Can anyone post a pic of their install?

moosehead 04-21-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurvy (Post 400308)
Can anyone post a pic of their install?

Shot of Borla tips below. Other tips link here: http://www.jeepgarage.org/showpost.p...54&postcount=6

There's both Corsa and Borla vids and soundclips in this subforum if you haven't seen 'em yet.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...C/DSCN0328.jpg

Scurvy 04-21-2011 11:48 AM

Looks good! I think its just going to come down to preference for me...i like the way they both sound and look...I will nap at my desk on it...:sleepy: haha.

THanks for the pics!

J13ntv 04-21-2011 01:46 PM

Any word on the corsa tips?

Scurvy 04-21-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 400575)
Any word on the corsa tips?

Here are a couple pics of them.

http://www.corsaperf.com/product_dis...px?product=511

I decided to go with Corsa. Again i think both systems looked and sounded good. I think i just liked the way the Corsa tips fit more flush to the bumper. BUT THE BORLA LOOKS GOOD TOO!! lol.

Anyway, I just called Summit and had them price match race-mart.com. $1291.95 out the door. They said it would be a couple weeks before it shipped. I def will post a step by step thread with pics/videos on taking the factory exhaust out and the new one in.

Thanks for the advice guys.:thumbsup:

moosehead 04-21-2011 02:47 PM

I like those angled cuts on the Corsa.

Besides, you be seeing enough of the Borla pipes outta your windshield.

J/K

J13ntv 04-21-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurvy (Post 400616)
Here are a couple pics of them.

http://www.corsaperf.com/product_dis...px?product=511

I decided to go with Corsa. Again i think both systems looked and sounded good. I think i just liked the way the Corsa tips fit more flush to the bumper. BUT THE BORLA LOOKS GOOD TOO!! lol.

Anyway, I just called Summit and had them price match race-mart.com. $1291.95 out the door. They said it would be a couple weeks before it shipped. I def will post a step by step thread with pics/videos on taking the factory exhaust out and the new one in.

Thanks for the advice guys.:thumbsup:

Great price, similar to Auto-Anything.com.. $1282 with the 10% off coupon 10welcome for the Corsa.

Only difference is auto-anything states a corsa ship date of 4/27-5/04

Im torn between the two as well. Both sets of people are happy with both systems. Still havent ordered mine yet.

I also do like the angeled cut and the more flush mount. hmmmm