Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   4 Weeks....LOVE the Summit! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/4-weeks-love-the-summit-21841.html)

Dan JGC 04-15-2011 05:06 PM

4 Weeks....LOVE the Summit!

Had the Brilliant Black Summit 4x4 V8 for 4 weeks now....LOVE IT! So far (knock on wood) no issues. Only 600 miles on it so far and it had its first wash post dealer prep yesterday at the hand wash place nearby....they were all impressed and loved the interior saddle. I couldn't be happier with the color selection and it has made the 3 months wait from order to delivery worth it now. Combine that with the affiliate pricing and have no regrets whatsoever.

I've tried out pretty much all the features and and works very well.

I definitely give it a HUGE :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will be recommending this vehicle to whoever asks...a big step up from my 2005 GC.

dobiegillis 04-15-2011 05:32 PM

Dan, sounds like we have the same JGC...or will as soon as mine gets here!

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using Tapatalk

slampert 04-15-2011 05:49 PM

Re: 4 Weeks....LOVE the Summit!

Tommorrow is a month to the day that I've had mine and with 2100 fun miles she is flawless !

The truck has really exceeded all of my expectations (except for gas mileage). I agree with Dan; It's a huge step up from my 07 GC Limited...

Tinkan 04-15-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 396629)
Only 600 miles on it so far .

Heck I am just over two weeks and I am already over 1100 miles. Granted there was the 200 mile trip home from the dealer.
You need to get out and drive some more.

I agree.... a wonderful ride and always in style.

kaflyboy 04-15-2011 08:24 PM

Picked mine up monday, 13 miles. just got home from dinner, 407 miles.

the "getting to know you" period is slowly wearing off and i'm getting settled in. the more i drive it, the more i like it. it feels solid, like a jeep....

scared the crap out of the wife tonight with the adaptive cruise. rolled off interstate at 70ish, came up behind a car that was already headed up the off ramp, jeep slammed on the brakes. i'm now 100% satisfied the adaptive cruise is safe and works as advertised.

also used the auto bring/ dim headlights. we have a lake house that is out a dark road... every car that came near (a long way out) the lights dimmed. coming up behind a car, they dimmed at a perfect distance. i gotta say, jeep did a heck of a job designing this vehicle.

mjw930 04-15-2011 08:38 PM

I've had mine roughly 7 weeks and aside from my escapades with the tires I'm very satisfied. It's taken me some time to get used to the softer ride coming from the Cayenne and Touareg but I'm REALLY liking the overall ride and handling, they really dialed it in great for American roads.

I'm at about 900 miles and it's the first vehicle I've had in a while where i can actually feel a difference in the drivetrain as it runs in (I hate the term "break in" ;) ). It's loosening up nicely and the trans and torque converter are learning my driving style and adapting well.

Overall I'm thrilled with the Overland and hopefully after my 2 week, 2500 mile vacation towing my big bike trailer in a couple weeks I'll be just as thrilled.