Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   ?How's the GC V8 on Sport setting in the twisties? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hows-the-gc-v8-on-sport-setting-in-the-twisties-21843.html)

transam 04-15-2011 05:47 PM

?How's the GC V8 on Sport setting in the twisties?

Can anyone comment on the handling and steering feel while driving their vehicle through some nice turns along a twisty road?

I'm curious to know if the V8 and 20" wheel combo will perform well enough to put a smile on my face when I want to have some fun out there without feeling like it's asking too much from it.

What are you able to compare it with too? Thanks for any info.

moosehead 04-15-2011 05:59 PM

Re: ?How's the GC V8 on Sport setting in the twisties?

Now we're talkin.

Surprisingly, the WK2 Hemi handles the hairpins reasonably well for a 5k lb beast. Strongly recommend both Sport setting and the Bwoody Sway Links.

It surely isn't a sports car, but I've passed many a flyer on the mountain hairpins here in Colorado, leaving a few sportsters wondering what the hell I must be thinking.

My prior vehicles have varied from Audi A4's and A6's, to Acura MDX, to VW Touareg. We drive Berthoud Pass probably 60 times a year, which tops out at 11k' elevation and has 10 or so high speed twisties.

Cheers

transam 04-15-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 396661)

It surely isn't a sports car, but I've passed many a flyer on the mountain hairpins here in Colorado, leaving a few sportsters wondering what the hell I must be thinking.

:thumbsup:

FredoinSF 04-15-2011 11:12 PM

It's a 5,000 pound SUV. It's going to handle better than a Kenworth and not as well as a Porsche.
All sarcasm aside, I am a big fan of the Jeep and you can't beat the value when compared to the competition. It's a very capable SUV given its size but it is not and will never be a sports car.

Knightrider03m 04-15-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredoinSF (Post 396802)
It's a 5,000 pound SUV. It's going to handle better than a Kenworth and not as well as a Porsche.
All sarcasm aside, I am a big fan of the Jeep and you can't beat the value when compared to the competition. It's a very capable SUV given its size but it is not and will never be a sports car.

lol, when I saw the title, I was going to say that it handles like a larger midsize SUV but nevermind LOL

moosehead 04-16-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 396821)
lol, when I saw the title, I was going to say that it handles like a larger midsize SUV but nevermind LOL

Say that while you're suckin on my tailpipes pal!

I kid, I kid.

Lingohocken 04-16-2011 01:49 PM

This thread will need to be revisited after the SRT8 comes out.