Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Ipod in center arm rest note working? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/ipod-in-center-arm-rest-note-working-21870.html)

bezlar 04-16-2011 11:18 AM

Ipod in center arm rest note working?

Anyone know of a quick fix? I pulled radio to make sure nothing disconnected and everything was fine. Pulled usb port from armrest to make sure still connected and it was fine? I have a lockpick installed and everything works great except the Ipod in arm rest. The ipod had been working great w-lockpick installed. No issues until about 2 days ago?

Thanks

CaptPat 04-19-2011 09:13 AM

Re: Ipod in center arm rest note working?

My Ipod won't work from the center armrest--dealer said the upcoming update for the 430n would fix it. Interestingly it will charge the Ipod--just won't recognize it as a music source.

Cherodude 04-19-2011 07:17 PM

I had my centre armrest USB go dead after about two and a half months of ownership. Only my second defect so far. (Other was the rear lock button).

In my case the port not only would not recognize my iPod, but also would not give any power to charge it. So pretty clearly the port had lost its connection to the radio somehow. The dealer fixed it and said that a connection had come loose at the radio, but I wonder if they had to reflash something to complete the repair.

Further laughs: the techs had seen so few WK2s that I had to convince them before they started the repairs, that the iPod was supposed to work from the armrest port. Maybe I should have asked for a consultation fee?

Cperez 04-19-2011 07:35 PM

Although highly unlikely, did you try a different USB cable to make sure it hadn't gone bad? I only mention it because it's an easy thing to rule out and I've spent a lot of time before trying to track down technology fixes when it turned out to be the dumbest (and easiest to fix) thing causing the problem.

CaptPat 04-20-2011 06:32 AM

3 different cables, 2 different Ipods--don't think it's cables or Ipods at this point.

Dieselbud 04-20-2011 08:04 AM

Sometimes mine works, sometimes it doesn't. This has been a huge issue for a lot of people all over the web (Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler forums). I get an error after 'reading'. Sometimes I can unplug and plug it back in and it will work. Sometimes it works right away when I start up the Jeep.

Sources say they are coming out with a 'fix' for it (software update) and even the chrysler .pdf I found online claims that a whole lot of apple products have some limitations and there will be an update available soon. This also applies to bluetooth streaming and hands free phone usage. (PS I use the term SOON loosely, it was rumored it was Feb, then April and now June... supposedly a CD will be mailed to us??)

It could have something to do with apple, as opposed to the media unit itself, have you perhaps updated your iPod recently? It could be that the new apple software is not compatible with the Media units we have.

I have the 430N RHB and the problems seems to be most common with this unit.

If you are continuing to have problems, call your dealership and start a file so at least they know about it, most dealers do not.. so do make sure they are aware.

bezlar 05-16-2011 09:03 PM

I pulled the fuse and powered up the ignition and it now works again. I found the fix in another post. Radio control module needed reset.

xj31 05-16-2011 10:17 PM

Its actually the handsfree module that is locking up. The USB port is wired to the HFM. There is a flash for it. The tsb is 08-015-11