Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   My Summit Wait is Over! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my-summit-wait-is-over-21887.html)

joebinotto 04-16-2011 08:15 PM

My Summit Wait is Over!

I am please to report my long wait is over! I cancelled my order and purchased what I wanted off the lot today. I had to drive over 100 miles to a dealership in Palm Springs, but it was a joy driving back. I am super happy! I can't thank this forum enough for all the great info.

moosehead 04-16-2011 08:18 PM

Re: My Summit Wait is Over!

Nicely played, enjoy the new rig. What, no photos yet?

dobiegillis 04-16-2011 08:20 PM

Congrats! Pics?

jcnaranjo 04-16-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebinotto (Post 397187)
I am please to report my long wait is over! I cancelled my order and purchased what I wanted off the lot today. I had to drive over 100 miles to a dealership in Palm Springs, but it was a joy driving back. I am super happy! I can't thank this forum enough for all the great info.

Congrats! Were u able to get your deposit back?

joebinotto 04-16-2011 08:45 PM

I will post some pics tomorrow. It got dusty driving through the desert in 100 degree temps :D.

@jcnaranjo, my deposit was always refundable. I sent the salesman an email to cancel my order and request my refund.

jcnaranjo 04-16-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebinotto (Post 397202)
I will post some pics tomorrow. It got dusty driving through the desert in 100 degree temps :D.

@jcnaranjo, my deposit was always refundable. I sent the salesman an email to cancel my order and request my refund.

Sweet... Enjoy your new ride!!

wreckdive 04-16-2011 08:52 PM

New Summit in hand is such a great feeling! Congrats.
Drive.
Enjoy.
Repeat.

slampert 04-16-2011 09:35 PM

Congrats Joe !! Glad that you made the move and abandonned your original order. I think the 2012's are going to be showing up sooner.

We were cruising around LA today doing errands and got a blast of that heat. I can only imagine what it was like in the desert. But at least you know the A/C is working !!

For the first time I saw at least a dozen WK2's (although two were suspected rentals--packed with kids with a navi unit on the dash) cruising around town !!

No brown Summits though. Anyway best of luck and enjoy the ride...!

BOYCHIKS 04-16-2011 09:39 PM

Congrats!!!!

netcoolery 04-16-2011 09:49 PM

Joe - Welcome to the exclusive Brown Summit club! :)

I'm very happy for you - It will be interesting to see when your original order shows up. I'm sure the dealership won't mind as I bet that one will be snapped up when it arrives.

Dan JGC 04-16-2011 10:33 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Did the Mopar Chrome Edition Group come installed or are you just gonna order it and install it later???

joebinotto 04-16-2011 10:42 PM

Thanks guys.

@Dan, I am going back in a week or so to have the side steps installed plus illuminated door seals. They also owe me an antenna since I drove back home to realize I had no FM reception!