Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Nighttime auto color mode not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/nighttime-auto-color-mode-not-working-21896.html)

kaflyboy 04-17-2011 08:31 AM

Nighttime auto color mode not working

1 Attachment(s)
I have selected the auto color mode on 730. I'm assuming this would dim the display at night and make it bright during the day.

At night I have to push night color and day color during the day. Isn't it suppose to dim at night and go bright durning the day?

Radside 04-17-2011 08:53 AM

Re: Nighttime auto color mode not working

Adjust the rotary dim switch 2 from highest setting. If at the highest setting, the Nav dimmer does not work.

mjw930 04-17-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 397320)
Adjust the rotary dim switch 2 from highest setting. If at the highest setting, the Nav dimmer does not work.

Actually the dimmer on the WK2 has 2 top detentes vs. the traditional 1. On the top setting the dome lights come on, as you would expect, but on the second detente the radio and some other lights stay full bright regardless whether the headlights are on. This is helpful for situations where the lights are on during the day, such as when it's raining and dimming the lights on the dash isn't necessary. Move it past the 2nd detente and the radio will switch to night mode.

kaflyboy 04-17-2011 09:03 AM

So it does not dim at night and go back to daytime colors during the day?

mjw930 04-17-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 397325)

My 430N auto switches between modes when set to auto mode and the rotary switch is in the variable area (past the 2nd detente). If I leave it on the first detente it stays in daytime mode. Obviously it uses the dimmer signal as it's trigger to switch to night time colors vs. a light sensor like the stand alone units do.

pbm317 04-17-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

It does.. you need to check your panel light dimmer setting. If it's in any of the detents, then you're setting everything at max brightness, which overrides the night color mode. Make sure you're just under the max brightness level, and the auto mode should control the nav colors.

PhattEddie 04-17-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Did You read post #3???????

kaflyboy 04-17-2011 12:01 PM

That worked. Thanks.

CMCullen 06-17-2012 10:15 AM

I had this question and used the search feature and got my answer. So, thanks to the above posters! Cheers!