Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   USB connection problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/usb-connection-problems-21902.html)

Blsmith 04-17-2011 12:27 PM

USB connection problems

New 70th anniversary Wrangler with 130 radio with uconnect voice. I cannot get any of my usb devices to work through the center console usb. My iPhone 4 after "reading" for about 1 minute or so says "device error". My iPhone 3gs (which is effectively just an iPod Touch now since it has been deactivated) does the same thing. My daughter's Nano will not read at all (nothing shows up). My cruzer mini usb flob does not read. I have an old iPod Classic which does not read at all (it may have problems, however). What am I doing wrong? Spent hours on the forums. Cannot find an answer. Any help would be most appreciated.

Dieselbud 04-17-2011 12:37 PM

Re: USB connection problems

You are doing nothing wrong, everyone with the new media centers are having the same issues (among other things like bluetooth streaming) except the 730N (which is now replacing the 430's with a credit even though they are worth more...). They do not even offer the 430N's anymore on a new build.

There are rumors all over the web about an 'update' coming from Chrysler and Sirius, but the dates have been all over the place starting from Feb and now looks like May or June (depending on who you talk to if they know anything about it all all).

Most dealers and service centers know nothing about it, but I recommend calling your dealer and starting a file on your issues so they know to call if and when an update does arrive.

I have heard it will be a CD mailed to us, I have also heard it will be an update that the service center does. SO for now most people are stuck with listening to music using the audio jack or transferring files to their HDD if they have one.

I also have 2 iPods, both have different software version. Sometimes they connect thought the USB, sometimes they don't. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for why or why not.

Chrysler blames it on Apple, Apple blame it on Chrysler.. either way, this connectivity group was a $495 option and so far the only thing that works is my Droid phone bluetooth feature. But I am afraid to update my phone now and perhaps lose that as well.

As soon as something comes out it will be ALL OVER THE WEB, I can promise you that.

The only thing I can suggest if you REALLY want to use the USB right now, is to keep trying and see if it will eventually connect. Otherwise use the audio jack for now.

Blsmith 04-17-2011 06:29 PM

Re: USB connection problems

Thanks for the "update coming" information. I will stop wasting my time trying to get it to work for now. I really like my dealer but I knew they would be no help.