Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Stupid little thing I noticed washing the WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/stupid-little-thing-i-noticed-washing-the-wk2-21923.html)

mjw930 04-17-2011 08:37 PM

Stupid little thing I noticed washing the WK2

I was washing the WK2 today and noticed every time I sprayed the front door the lights flashed. It had never done that before then I realized this time I had the FOB in my pocket.

I never noticed this on other cars I've had keyless entry on but who knows, I may never have had the FOB in my pocket when I was washing them :D

nek121328 04-17-2011 08:53 PM

Re: Stupid little thing I noticed washing the WK2

I keep finding the doors locked after leaving them unlocked. Kinda wonder if the FOB has a mind of it's own?

mjw930 04-17-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 397632)
I keep finding the doors locked after leaving them unlocked. Kinda wonder if the FOB has a mind of it's own?

I know my wife's GTI will re-lock the doors if you unlock them but don't enter the vehicle after a few minutes. Could that be whats happening to you?

jcnaranjo 04-17-2011 09:22 PM

Same thing happens to me when I wash mine. I think those FOBs are overly sensitive along with the door handles. Today I was working around the house and I had the FOB in my pocket. I started hearing this rumble, and then it occurred to me that maybe I had inadvertently started the GC. I Looked in the garage and sure enough it was running.... They need to make a cover or something for the FOB for those of us who keep it in our pockets.

mjw930 04-17-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcnaranjo (Post 397646)
Same thing happens to me when I wash mine. I think those FOBs are overly sensitive along with the door handles. Today I was working around the house and I had the FOB in my pocket. I started hearing this rumble, and then it occurred to me that maybe I had inadvertently started the GC. I Looked in the garage and sure enough it was running.... They need to make a cover or something for the FOB for those of us who keep it in our pockets.

This is where I have a problem. The FOB is intentionally designed to require 2 sequential presses of the remote start or the rear hatch open button for either one of those functions to activate. Those buttons are even flush so it would take more than external pressure (tight pants) on the FOB to activate. How in the heck do you press the same flush button twice when the FOB is in your pocket, that's quite a trick ;)

Now the lock/unlock, that's a different story :) I've pressed those on this and other remotes a lot when working around the garage or yard so I try to remember to take it out of my pocket when it's not needed.

Tyrant_246 04-17-2011 10:30 PM

maybe the car thinks its raining and is perparing for you to enter as quickly as possible??
hehehe

DAVY27 04-17-2011 10:41 PM

wow

ternst 04-18-2011 05:43 AM

Both my 4-Runner and Acura RDX did the same thing when at the car wash so it is not unique to Jeep. It was kind of annoying, but since I only wash my rigs a couple of times a year it was no big deal (they get really dirty nearly every day where I live).

bluetrude 04-18-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcnaranjo (Post 397646)

Yesterday I was working on my Durango that was parked in front of my WK2. While laying under the front of the Durango I heard the 2 beeps and the WK2 starts up. Since my FOB was in my pocket I guess the other keys on the key ring pressed the remote start twice and voila.

moosehead 04-18-2011 08:09 AM

What is with the skinny jeans thing? On guys no less. There should be a law.

mjw930 04-18-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 397817)
what is with the skinny jeans thing? On guys no less. There should be a law.

lol!!!

Megatron 04-18-2011 09:59 AM

:confused:......