Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Putco LED failures (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/putco-led-failures-21927.html)

jeep2011 04-17-2011 09:36 PM

Putco LED failures
 
Is anyone else having the punto led license plate LED's failing? I have gone through two sets so far. One the LED's crack off of the board after a few short weeks and the second set almost seemed like they melted off of the boards in a month. I am wondering if these are to much wattage for the small area.

Description- 194 High Power Automotive LED Bulb
Color- White
Part Number- 280003W
Application - (Rear License Plate) (Interior Tailgate Cargo)
Price- $31.99 x 2 =$63.98

PittLaredo11 04-18-2011 05:47 AM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
Same here. Mine lasted 16 days before one melted and the the other just quit. As far as the lifetime warranty they are supposed to have, well, they don't seem to respond to emails as I have tried numerous times. I have to try and call one of these days, but just don't have the time right now.

jeep2011 04-18-2011 06:47 AM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
I will try to call as well to see where I get. The housing and plastic lens on the car doesn't seem to show any signs that it is to hot which is good. Keep me posted if you get anywhere.

Scottina06 04-18-2011 07:50 AM

I've had my putcos for like a year with 0 problems.....maybe you installed them wrong?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

azzolij 04-18-2011 07:51 AM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
The title should be Putco..

My license plate LEDs have been working fine and they've been in place since November. I only wish my DRL's worked as well since I'm currently on my second
set and will be replacing those as soon as VLED manufacturing catches up to their
demand. I tried the mail message path from the Putco web site at the end of December
when the first set went bad. I'm still waiting for a response.

Red G8R 04-18-2011 10:22 AM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
I bought cheap LEDs for the license plate, $12 for a pak of 2 and they are still going fine...7 months now. I have the same make on two other vehicles and they are over a year old.
I brought this up when I first read about LED replacements here and the OP said he would rather spend more to get quality LEDs. So much for that statement.

moosehead 04-18-2011 10:38 AM

Red, which LED manuf are you using?

My Putco DRL's are fine, in process of doing remainder bulbs.

jasonjsl 04-18-2011 10:41 AM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
i have had several putco led bulbs go bad due to manufacturer defects...the leds just came off. on one bulb the leds fell of in my hand while installing the sucker...i got mine from xenon depot and they replaced them no problem...as for the hid xtreme kit im having issues with...no dice on any help as far as those go. i know putco has a warranty so i would deff be getting ahold of whoever you bought these from.

pbalias 04-18-2011 12:10 PM

Re: Punto LED failures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 397951)
...as for the hid xtreme kit im having issues with...no dice on any help as far as those go....


Jason...what problems are you having with the HID Xtreme kit???

jasonjsl 04-18-2011 12:21 PM

Re: Putco LED failures
 
color output issues...long story short be careful what you order...dont go by the pictures on their website. THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE! i ordered 6500k fogs and lows.lows were white with a slight purple blue tinge...fogs were blue.come to find out apperantly i got caught in between manufacturer production change...? they have new and old stock i guess which means they changed the output color? im at a dead end with customer service...all im saying is be careful and dont go by the pictures on xenon depots website...they are inaccurate to the output of color. im referring to 6500k.

pbalias 04-18-2011 12:37 PM

Re: Putco LED failures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 398022)
color output issues...long story short be careful what you order...dont go by the pictures on their website. THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE! i ordered 6500k fogs and lows.lows were white with a slight purple blue tinge...fogs were blue.come to find out apperantly i got caught in between manufacturer production change...? they have new and old stock i guess which means they changed the output color? im at a dead end with customer service...all im saying is be careful and dont go by the pictures on xenon depots website...they are inaccurate to the output of color. im referring to 6500k.

Damn dude sorry to hear of your issues. I'm sure you talked with Steve at Xenon Deopt about the problem, right? He seems to go above and beyond for Jeepgarage folks. :confused: I guess that doesnt help you much though. Regardless, hope you can get it resolved.

Red G8R 04-18-2011 12:48 PM

Re: Putco LED failures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 397947)
Red, which LED manuf are you using?

My Putco DRL's are fine, in process of doing remainder bulbs.

I'll have to check and get back here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community