Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Random questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/random-questions-21930.html)

ilber 04-17-2011 11:07 PM

Random questions

first of all, is it bad/ok/does not matter when one would open the rear hatch.... manually?
happened 2 times; first time my dad went to open up the hatch and didn't realized it was motorized so he kind of pulled it half way open before i had a chance to tell him, to leave it alone, since it is beeping. Second time my mom decided to close the hatch while i took the shopping cart back. I could see her doing, yelling across sam's parking lot to stop got her attention.... but how bad is it really???
And second question.... since i experience this “man handling" of my power hatch, i wanted to order a third fob that would have another button for the flipper window. the manual said i was supposed to get a PIN from dealer, well I am dumb founded. Looked through all the paperwork from dealer and dont see a 4 digit pin, am I missing anything?
Anyone got a picture of mopar 82209812AB ( off road lights brackets)? review?
ilber

rich mac 04-18-2011 02:06 AM

Re: Random questions

There is a procedure in the manual for opening the power liftgate manually (pulling the latch release twice quickly), doesn't caution about manually opening or closing.
I asked my dealer about the PIN for the key, he said the user didn't need it, the VIN will get the proper key at any Chrysler dealer.
I did a quick Google search for the off road bracket part number, got several hits. Most showed images of the brackets, none installed.

Tinkan 04-18-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich mac (Post 397757)
I did a quick Google search for the off road bracket part number, got several hits. Most showed images of the brackets, none installed.

The kit is mentioned as being for mounting on the roof rack basket. This is also where I have seen them installed.

ilber 04-18-2011 12:13 PM

thanks guys for input... I still looking for grill guard that would allow me to use my factory tow hooks ( light tabs on the guards would be an added plus). I can dream, can I? I am not settling on anything less than what i want... if it is a 1K guard, as long as i get what i want i will go for it :)... any ideas where one would find such an animal?

JVBW0527 09-29-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich mac (Post 397757)
There is a procedure in the manual for opening the power liftgate manually (pulling the latch release twice quickly), doesn't caution about manually opening or closing.
I asked my dealer about the PIN for the key, he said the user didn't need it, the VIN will get the proper key at any Chrysler dealer.

I posted a similar question in another thread. I was also worried about damage to the power liftgate if it is opened/closed manually. I did see a youtube video of an overland at a Jeep dealer and the salesperson closed the liftgate manually. I'm wondering if that does any damage to it.

So, according to the manual you can open the liftgate manually by pulling the handle twice quickly?