Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Member Product Reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/)
-   -   Meguiar's Ultimate Compound! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/meguiars-ultimate-compound-21978.html)

Crestwood1001 04-18-2011 11:32 PM

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound!

So around 2am the other morning I was reading online about how great Meg's ultimate compound is. I looked at a few how to's and decided to get a bottle in the morning. I went down to the auto parts store and got a bottle of ultimate compound and another bottle of ultimate quik detailer and gold class car wash to replenish my supply's lol.
So I got home and gave the car a good wash and got ready to use the compound. First off I grabbed a clean microfiber applicator and put a tape line down the middle of the drivers door to see the work.
First thing to do when you use it! DO IT WHEN THE PAINT IS COOL! I cant stress that enough! I tried outside and it dried to fast so I went in the cool garage and it was great. Basically you apply it to the applicator and then work it onto the paint in circular motions just like you would with wax. Only do small areas at a time and overlap each pass. Dont try to over do each coat, you have to make sure you take it off while its dry or its a bitch to get off. So I worked it on, whipped it off, and then repeated two more times. When I was done I buffed that side of the door with clean microfiber and then removed the tape and WOW. All I can say is WOW! The reflection is my black paint is SO much clearer on the side I worked on its amazing, and it removed all of the small scratches in the clear coat.
This product is great, you just have to take your time and work it alot but when your done its great! I did the entire car, followed it up with a good coat of carnuba wax and then put a coat of ultimate quik detailer on top of that. Took a total of about 5 to 6 hours but dam it looks amazing!

BOYCHIKS 04-18-2011 11:37 PM

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Compound!

Nice little write up!

I did basically the exact same thing on my Mustang when I bought it, and with the 6k it had, I was upset on how the paint felt.... rough, dull, and just looked old. Did your exact steps, and took about the same amount of time, then WOW, I was speechless.

Only thing I did differently was POSTED pics!!! LOL so lets see them :)

DAVY27 04-19-2011 09:25 AM

yep, ultimate compound is !!!!! I was surprised how it was able to remove those scratches from the cc. I find it a bit difficult to use by hand, going to purchase a DA to save some work and time.

TJXJWJ 04-19-2011 09:55 AM

x4...I've done 2 Jeeps with the Ultimate Compound followed by the Ultimate Polish. The wife's black WK, and mine. Incredible difference, and that's also taking into consideration that I maintain the hell out of them and wasn't expecting to get much more out of the new product.
Noticeable difference...beautiful finish. I used a PC DA polisher with LC pads

B.P.O.D 04-19-2011 11:15 AM

UC is a great product! also A LOT friendlier to use than meguiars 105 which dusts and dries up A LOT quicker!

Scottina06 04-19-2011 11:26 AM

^^^^^^only if you dont know how to USE it.......lol

B.P.O.D 04-19-2011 11:32 AM

i'm only going by what THE PROS at meguiars say;)

least to most aggressive:) no reason to take more clear off than necessary. UC is derived from 105 so people w/o rotaries can use it.

and i have NO CLUE how to use a rotary lolo

Scottina06 04-19-2011 11:35 AM

Im only going by personal experience.....

I tried the UC by hand and it was a joke in my book by hand.....

B.P.O.D 04-19-2011 11:37 AM

yeah uc didn't work so well w/me either by hand lolol. it works great with the pcxp. both have their cases in my book. my dad's and bro's car needed 105 but mine and my mom's only need uc w/a white pad.

u using rotary also or only pc?

Scottina06 04-19-2011 11:40 AM

last time I did my jeep was last spring.....I used the PC and m105/205 w/ LC hydro-tec pads...thats where its at now...hydro-tec. I did my wifes car in the fall and that same combo was money$$$$$$. Really you can use the 105 the same as the UC by varying speeds, pressure, work time etc.

Frankie 04-19-2011 11:42 AM

You guys speaking English? LOL

Sent From My EVO

Scottina06 04-19-2011 11:47 AM

^^^^lol