Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Flashlight missing.....??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/flashlight-missing-21990.html)

Dan JGC 04-19-2011 12:36 PM

Flashlight missing.....???

Just went out to measure the back of the cargo area for another person on this forum and noticed that my flashlight is missing. I used it twice and made sure it was put back right. No one else has driven the vehicle and I took it to a hand carwash....but didn't have them do the interior (didn't want them messing with the inside)...they did open the back up to wipe down the seals (I was there the whole time and wasn't watching watching but they wash right in front of where you sit). It is possible that something after shopping bumped into it causing it to pop out then didn't notice as I was removing shopping bags that it fell out somewhere???????????????????????

Bummed, now I gotta buy an over priced flashlight! Anyone got a part number?

bluetrude 04-19-2011 03:32 PM

Re: Flashlight missing.....???

I'm sure you looked carefully but I don't think the flashlight would just fall out if bumped by a shopping bag or something since it's rather recessed. Look in there again using another flashlight. Hopefully it just fell into that little container in there.

77rednecktruck 04-19-2011 03:37 PM

go to a dealer for a test drive and take one from the lot. :)

BOYCHIKS 04-19-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77rednecktruck (Post 398882)

:rolleyes:

That's what happens to those missing nav disk!

NikonKiem 04-19-2011 03:56 PM

There is a flash light stock with the vehicle ?

GR33N D3M0N 04-19-2011 03:59 PM

with the WKII's yea, they are in the cargo area

Dan JGC 04-19-2011 05:40 PM

I will also note that I never lose things.....so this really has me concerned how it could have gone missing. (1) shopping stuff bumped up against it and it popped out and when I went to remove the bags it fell out or (2) something happened at the hand car wash.

jeep2011 04-19-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77rednecktruck (Post 398882)

HAHAHA thats what I thought about doing with the summit fog light covers. I was going to swap with my chrome ones...no one would probably ever know. :D

Dan JGC 04-19-2011 06:53 PM

Strangely, I took a flashlight and searched in the spare tire wheel well and there it was under one of the pull out container things....very odd, very odd indeed.

netcoolery 04-19-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 399097)
Strangely, I took a flashlight and searched in the spare tire wheel well and there it was under one of the pull out container things....very odd, very odd indeed.

How ironic - you needed a flashlight to find the flashlight :lol:

Cperez 04-19-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 399097)

If you can't recall leaving it in there, you'll never know if it's the original one you lost or another one left in there during assembly. :lol: Can we assume that the item you measured for another member didn't require you to access that area?

Dan JGC 04-19-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 399166)
If you can't recall leaving it in there, you'll never know if it's the original one you lost or another one left in there during assembly. :lol: Can we assume that the item you measured for another member didn't require you to access that area?

It is odd. I had taken out those containers and organized the spare wheel area like three weeks ago. I would have recognized the flashlight was missing if I had accidentally slipped in there since the flashlight holder has a big white/light gray cushion thing presumably to keep the thing from rattling.

Yep, I didn't need the flashlight to make that measurement in fact when I opened the liftgate using the remote after it opened there was a beep beep beep that wouldn't turn off even after several minutes (a slightly different beep than the liftgate is activated warning beep) so I looked around to see what and why there was a beeping...and saw the flashlight was gone. Soooo very odd indeed. Still don't know what the beep was for unless KIT was trying to tell me something since the beep later stopped after I closed the liftgate and reopened it....odd.