Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Anyone figure out how to make the doors auto-lock when you walk away? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/anyone-figure-out-how-to-make-the-doors-auto-lock-when-you-walk-away-22010.html)

xtex404 04-19-2011 06:57 PM

Anyone figure out how to make the doors auto-lock when you walk away?

OK.. so if the Jeep can tell where the keyfob is, with all of the magical detection zones and stuff, why the heck isn't there an option to have it automatically LOCK the doors when it the keyfob is no longer detected outside of the vehicle? It seems like such a natural feature... hell, I'd be happy if it just automatically locked 15 minutes after I turned it off, as long as the keyfob wasn't inside... :)

Having a Jeep Wrangler for the past 20 years (ohmygod that makes me feel old) has conditioned me to not lock the doors, since replacing the radio/contents is a LOT cheaper than replacing a soft-top and/or windows. I can't count how many times I'll come up to my JGC and realize I forgot to lock it. Ugh.

I heard rumors that there's a "hidden feature" on a lot of the newer Dodge models that WILL automatically lock when the keyfob moves away from the vehicle. It has to be done by the dealer through their programmer gizmo, since it's not on the EVIC, but the software code is in there. I kind of assume the WK2 has the same computer system as the newer Dodges -- at least it looks identical from the few I played around in while I was waiting for my dealer to fix my radio a few weeks back..

J13ntv 04-19-2011 07:01 PM

Re: Anyone figure out how to make the doors auto-lock when you walk away?

Don't believe its out there, if someone knows, please enlighten us! But I don't think it has the capabilities even though all that it required is probably some programing to lock after X amount of seconds the key is not detected.

The tailgate is troublesome but if fine how it is, you have to hit the small silver button then pop the latch to open the trunk as we all know, slightly longer process but still works.

Rosewood 04-19-2011 10:10 PM

i have it set up on mine. it is very easy to do......

leave the wife in the GC and leave

netcoolery 04-19-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosewood (Post 399365)
i have it set up on mine. it is very easy to do......

leave the wife in the GC and leave

That your wife in the Avatar? She better lock them doors.

Knightrider03m 04-19-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewood (Post 399365)
i have it set up on mine. It is very easy to do......

Leave the wife in the gc and leave

lol

JeepLee2011 04-20-2011 08:33 AM

I had a 1999 Corvette once and it had that option. I like that feature most of the time. But sometimes after I got into the house, dropped the key off and then remember I left something in the car...I never remember to pick up the key on my way to the car!

GR33N D3M0N 04-20-2011 08:42 AM

in the WK i'm pretty sure (not positive) that it's an option in the EVIC

Mashie 04-20-2011 09:54 AM

not possible. I searched all over the EVIC and spoke with the Jeep dealer (there was a thread here about this a few months go). It is not something that the WK2 is set up to do.

Robey5 04-20-2011 10:35 AM

Yeah: I believe that we're going to need to source someone with a fair amount of SW knowledge to hack their way into the BCM (body controller module) to enable this sort of function.

My corvette has this feature, it is called "PKE" (Passive Keyless Entry) - and is really quite nice. However, with the PKE active, and the fact that you have an actual key to start the ignition in the C4 - - it makes the idea of a true PKE system on the JGC that much more desireable.

scittb 04-20-2011 04:50 PM

evic system set up. starring at it as we speak. options
auto lock doors
auto unlock doors

checked them both on my summit

RageOfFury 04-20-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scittb (Post 399954)
evic system set up. starring at it as we speak. options
auto lock doors
auto unlock doors

checked them both on my summit

Auto lock doors is when your driving, it will lock the doors at 15mph/24kmh

scittb 04-20-2011 05:15 PM

k, I was half right....:0)