Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Does anyone else have this happen? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/does-anyone-else-have-this-happen-22013.html)

sneakyrico 04-19-2011 07:15 PM

Does anyone else have this happen?
 
Hey guys, just got my 2011 GC about 2 weeks ago and love it! I have the weirdest thing with the manual climate control happening and I wondered if this is normal with this system. Every time I start the Jeep the A/C is on automatically. Doesn't matter if it's 35 degrees outside or 75 degrees outside. I always push in the button to turn it off, but the next day when I get in the Jeep, same thing A/C is on. It really isn't that big of a deal, but I have the manual climate control and am not aware of any reason why the it would act that way. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Cherodude 04-19-2011 08:17 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
Maybe you have the Recirc button on also?

I find that A/C comes on with the Recirc (to avoid excessive humidity buildup inside), but once it starts you can manually turn the A/C off and leave the Recirc on.

Otherwise, you've got me stumped.

wjs81866 04-19-2011 08:20 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
HVAC control unit could be defective, my dealer said they have had some with various issues.

RageOfFury 04-19-2011 08:29 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
I have the manual climate controls as well, however A/C doesn't turn on automatically at startup. Have the dealer look at it.

Galaxie500 04-19-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 399221)
Maybe you have the Recirc button on also?

I find that A/C comes on with the Recirc (to avoid excessive humidity buildup inside), but once it starts you can manually turn the A/C off and leave the Recirc on.

Otherwise, you've got me stumped.

X2. Make sure the Recirc is not selected.

jcnaranjo 04-19-2011 08:43 PM

I keep mine in AUTO and 70 degrees and it seems to adjust itself accordingly. The A/C light seems to stay off for me unless I press it... I will check again tomorrow when I take it to get a TSB done on it...

sneakyrico 04-19-2011 10:50 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
Thanks for all the input. The recirc definitely isn't on and I've tried to see if it has anything to do with which vents are selected or something obscure like that. I'll definitely have to bring it to the dealer to check out, it must be problem with the HVAC, it's just bizarre. Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes in case someone else has any issues like this in the future.

Rudyk 04-20-2011 01:52 AM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
mine (4 days old!) I noticed does this too. I assumed it was because I had the control on defrost... I thought it was usual for the system to use the A/C for defrost (drier air) At least that was the way in the 80s (when I last had a new vehicle :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneakyrico (Post 399400)
Thanks for all the input. The recirc definitely isn't on and I've tried to see if it has anything to do with which vents are selected or something obscure like that. I'll definitely have to bring it to the dealer to check out, it must be problem with the HVAC, it's just bizarre. Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes in case someone else has any issues like this in the future.


Nouveau Redneck 04-20-2011 11:51 AM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
The system does turn on the A/C compressor when the defrost is running to help dehumidify the air, but it doesn't light up the A/C light on the contol panel when it's in defrost mode.

jcnaranjo 04-20-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nouveau Redneck (Post 399747)
The system does turn on the A/C compressor when the defrost is running to help dehumidify the air, but it doesn't light up the A/C light on the contol panel when it's in defrost mode.

In AUTO, the climate control does a great job of keeping the temperature selected. Today it is warn and muggy in PA, and the A/C runs I'm AUTO with the light off. The light comes on only when I manually select it... When I'm not in AUTO, the settings stay where they are until I manually change them...

bpmcgee 04-20-2011 01:25 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcnaranjo (Post 399803)
In AUTO, the climate control does a great job of keeping the temperature selected. Today it is warn and muggy in PA, and the A/C runs I'm AUTO with the light off. The light comes on only when I manually select it... When I'm not in AUTO, the settings stay where they are until I manually change them...

Yes, but he has the MANUAL (as in not AUTO) climate control.

B

jas32 04-20-2011 08:30 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this happen?
 
I think the Jeep HEVAC engineers are being too aggressive in using the AC compressor most likely to eliminate/reduce complaints of "musty odor".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community