Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overland vs Limited Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overland-vs-limited-grand-cherokee-22026.html)

McCayB 04-20-2011 12:08 AM

Overland vs Limited Grand Cherokee

Hey guys
I am thinking of buying 2011 Grand Cherokee.
Should I wait until 2012 becomes available, or is it going to be same as 2011?
And if you guys could tell me the difference between Overland and Limited, I'd appreciate it.

AAAA 04-20-2011 03:59 PM

Re: Overland vs Limited Grand Cherokee

Overland has heated steering wheel with power (vs. manual) tilt and telescope. Big difference is that it has Quad lift ride heights. Also 20" wheels with lower profile tires. More features on stereo. See the Jeep website. I like my Limited.

jp467 04-20-2011 04:12 PM

The Overland is a better deal if you are getting it fully loaded. The only thing with the Overland is the Qudra-lift is standard and it seems it can be troublesome at times.

jgc4ever 04-20-2011 04:16 PM

In addition to what was already posted above:

Overland has wood at the top of the steering wheel and Limited doesn't.

Overland has real wood and leather dash and on side of doors; Limited doesn't.

Overland has power liftgate; while power liftgate is not standard on Limited, but is available as an option.

UNCjeepWK2 04-20-2011 04:39 PM

I'd say get the Laredo X or the Overland. Not a whole lot of difference between the Laredo X and the Limited...

ColdCase 04-20-2011 04:41 PM

Isn't the seats in the Overland a bit better grade, or is the style just different? Now we are nit picking....

For 2012, the 5.7 may come with the 6speed transmission and there will be an STR8. Noting else... oh a couple more colors to choose from. Chrysler says there will be little or no price increase..

vikingdave 04-20-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 399948)
I'd say get the Laredo X or the Overland. Not a whole lot of difference between the Laredo X and the Limited...

I second that, unless you like the chrome look. I personally think that a Laredo-X with an aftermarket Overland cross-hatch black grill is the best looking GC you can get. You just give up heated rear seats, pano-sunroof, and 20" wheels. It's all personal preference, but the chrome look is just not for me.

Jeremy1983 04-20-2011 05:31 PM

In addition to the features above, the Overland model comes with upgraded leather (with edge piping) and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats.

McCayB 04-20-2011 06:03 PM

I want a Nerf bars (sidestep) on my overland, because it gives real SUV look to the car which i like, but i cannot find any car with side steps. So, i have to install it after i get the car.
But where can i find those side steps, or which one would fir better.
PS. i like white overland better, because chrome looks good on white.

Thanks for the help fellows!

vikingdave 04-20-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1983 (Post 399989)
In addition to the features above, the Overland model comes with upgraded leather (with edge piping) and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats.

To me the leather in the overland is different more than anything. Just like chrome, some people like the bold stitching look of the Overland leather. The Limited and Laredo-X leather is extremely high grade, and very nice. It's just a question of which one you like better.

Bmwister 04-20-2011 06:59 PM

The Overland gives you a loaded vehicle at a better price than "building up" a Limited the same way if you want a fully loaded vehicle. The major difference is getting Quadralift and elec tilt steering wheel in the Overland as standard compared to the Limited. The Overland also has more customized and ventilated seating and the heated steering wheel is standard. You can build up a Limited the same way, but it costs more.

While some say a Laredo-X is a better deal than a Limited, I totally disagree. The Limited gives you (over a Laredo-X): heated rear seats, rain-sensing wipers, panoramic sunroof, HID headlights, auto-dimming side mirrors, AC plug in the rear of the console and some extra trim bits all standard. My Limited 4x4 came with the Hemi and 20" wheels as the only two options, and the Class IV hitch was standard with Hemi. Compared it to a Q7, Q5, X5, Cayenne, etc. and I picked it regardless of the no-contest-I-win price of $38k.

For myself, I settled on having to have a sunroof (long story) and picked a Limited so that I could avoid the Quadralift. The Quadralift is the major item that made my decision easier.

nickyj 04-20-2011 07:01 PM

Or just get the Limited with the Luxury II package and 20 in. wheels. This is basically an Overland w/o Quadra-Lift. You may be able to swing a better deal on a Limited as well.