Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Flashlight indicator LED? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/flashlight-indicator-led-22057.html)

rich mac 04-20-2011 03:25 PM

Flashlight indicator LED?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what the little LED on the flashlight is for (the one just below the on/off switch)? It doesn't seem to come on while in use, or while in its holder for charging.

2005JGC 04-20-2011 04:18 PM

Re: Flashlight indicator LED?

its a 3.5mm jack, it doubles as an mp3 player.

JOKING, sorry Im not sure off the top of my head.

MeanDean 04-20-2011 04:30 PM

Lol.

Low battery?

Tinkan 04-20-2011 10:46 PM

I think it comes on when the nav system software update is ready.

OR

When you loose it (the flashlight) you can push the 7th button on your updated FOB 4 times while standing less than 5 feet from the drivers door and then push the 6th button on the FOB 8 times while standing directly in front of the passangers side then just as the side view mirrors fold in automaticly hit the door lock button on the rear hatch door and the LED on the flash light will light so you can find it. Oh and from now on your doors will automatticly lock when you walk away from the vehicle.

Just a guess.... :p

scittb 04-20-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkan (Post 400195)
I think it comes on when the nav system software update is ready.

OR

When you loose it (the flashlight) you can push the 7th button on your updated FOB 4 times while standing less than 5 feet from the drivers door and then push the 6th button on the FOB 8 times while standing directly in front of the passangers side then just as the side view mirrors fold in automaticly hit the door lock button on the rear hatch door and the LED on the flash light will light so you can find it. Oh and from now on your doors will automatticly lock when you walk away from the vehicle.

Just a guess.... :p

WAIT!!!! YOU GOT FOLDING MIRRORS?.....lol

rich mac 04-21-2011 02:42 PM

So, in other words, no one really knows (like me)!

:):):D:thumbsup:

AAAA 04-22-2011 09:17 AM

I'll bet it is on when charging, but who is going to be able to see it when they are in the driver's seat?

rich mac 04-22-2011 10:00 AM

I looked to see if the LED is on when charging, doesn't appear to be. Did find out that the holder only has voltage to it when the key is in the 'run' position. I didn't start this thread to advertise, but I do have a couple of these for sale in the 'Jeep Stuff For Sale' forum if anyone's interested in a spare.

jeepster23 04-22-2011 11:19 AM

Im not 100% sure but I think the light goes on when the battery on the flashlight becomes low and is in need of a charge.