Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   JEEP still having ALOT of problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/jeep-still-having-alot-of-problems-2207.html)

06SRT8300C 08-22-2009 12:19 PM

JEEP still having ALOT of problems

mjl2610 08-22-2009 12:48 PM

Re: JEEP still having ALOT of problems

That is pretty unfortunate Ryan that you are having all those problems. STILL. They can save a lot more time and aggravation from you and all respective parties by just killing that one you have and getting a new one from factory.

BUBBADOG 08-22-2009 12:49 PM

Maybe your jeep was made when jeep was going under and didnt care lol...Man that sucks u keep going through this i know i would be PISSED

mjl2610 08-22-2009 12:58 PM

I will say one thing, it is super frustrating when you have to take your car into a shop all the time. Ryan, do you have an extended warranty at all? The one nice thing about it is that if i ever have to take mine in to the dealer, like i used to more often for erroneous checks and repairs, i get a free rental every single time and its charged to Chrysler.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

So i can just kinda be like here take the thing, take your time while i still have transportation.

However, i think after a while of spending all that money on your truck someone would have to wake up and say, OK, what the heck is going on here and investigate the situation.

jkram 08-22-2009 03:15 PM

I think you should follow the buy back procedure, without a lawyer. If you bring or mention a lawyer they get more defensive. The process will take longer.
If you have a problem they can't cure, they will buy it back. You pay for the mileage you used up to the date you brought it in for the complaint.

Scottina06 08-22-2009 03:44 PM

I would use caution and hopefully your "black box" has been cleared. You have posted here some of the "fun" you have had in theis Jeep. Hopefully the info from that "fun" is gone. Mt brother lemoned a Nissan Quest minivan and they knew everything about how the vehicle was driven from the black box. They even mentionmed a 100 mph run(his wifes mother was hurt in an accident and she was trying to get to the hospital in panic) It had nothing to do with the 100's of electrical problems his Nissan had...but they mentioned it as abuse.

robpp 08-22-2009 04:19 PM

http://www.lemonlaw.com/pa-lemon-law.html just for information about your states lemon law. every state is different.

ducks unlimited 08-22-2009 05:58 PM

in pa for it to be a lemon it has to have the same problem happen 3 times !! because i call chrysler when my front control modual broke they said they cant do anything about it ...it is a recall for the fcm call you dealer and ask

Dylans3960ccs 08-22-2009 07:02 PM

did they ever replace the torque converter? (you may have mentioned it earlier in a different way that I couldn't under stand)

Nand12 08-23-2009 08:41 AM

From what I've read, here are the list of possibilities that cause WK stalling:

1. Low Transmission Fluid Level
2. Bad Coolant Temperature Sensor
3. Bad Crank Position Sensor
4. Bad Cam Position Sensor
5. Bad Steering Angle Sensor
6. Bad Ignition Switch
7. Bad ECU
8. Bad Final Drive Control Module (FDCM)
9. Knee hitting key (probably not likely in your case)

I personally feel that you need a new ECU because if it keeps giving the same O2 sensor code after all the harnesses, O2 sensors, and exhaust manifolds have been checked/replaced then the ECU must be bad. Suggest that the ECU should be replaced to your dealer and see what they say and while you're at it have them test all the sensors if they haven't done so already.

NHWK05 08-23-2009 09:47 AM

I dont know what to say about everything else but i wish people would listen to me.

STALLING is a Torque converter issue, its a lack of pressure. Add 1/2 to 3/4 a QT of ATF + 4 fluid and it will stop.

It has worked in every single stalling WK for everyone person i know that has tired it.

the dealership looked at my jeep 2 times trying to fix the issue to no avail. I brought my jeep to another dealership, spoke with a master jeep tech, i had not finished describing my problem and he told me to do this. IT WILL NOT HURT ANYTHING. Its too small of an amount to do anything. IT WORKS.

Robert Palmer 08-23-2009 09:54 AM

All I can say is that dont let the dealer see the 4wd burnout vid. :D