Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Halo Projection Headlights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/2005-jeep-grand-cherokee-halo-projection-headlights-22072.html)

david.kwasnecha 04-20-2011 05:38 PM

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Halo Projection Headlights

Hey everyone,

I just got some new projection headlights for my 05 cherokee. I took apart the grill and was in the process of removing the stock headlight assembly for both the driver and passenger side, when I ran into an issue.

I removed all the bolts that I could see but cannot seem to get the headlight assembly out. I can see what looks like a bolt on the bottom of the headlight assembly but I am not sure how I am going to get at it.

Has anyone ever removed / replaced their headlight assembly for this year? Any help / tips would be awesome. Thanks.

robpp 04-20-2011 05:50 PM

Re: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Halo Projection Headlights

there are 3 bolts holding the light in.

one on top and two on the bottom.

have you removed all 3.......you MAY need to look up from under the bumper to see the two bottom ones........

david.kwasnecha 04-20-2011 06:03 PM

There is 2 on the top and 1 on the bottom from what I can see. I can see the one on the bottom through the bumper while laying down, but the head of the bolt is on the side closer to the front bumper, so I am not able to get anything in there to unscrew it.

Any ideas?

Scottina06 04-20-2011 06:08 PM

you need the smallest 1/4" drive socket you can find and patience....Ive done it many times. And there is two bolts on the bottom and one up top.

BlackedOutWK 04-20-2011 07:26 PM

or you can just take your bumper off...i think that's what most people do.

CPT2010 04-20-2011 07:42 PM

it has a little tab at the bottom that connects to the bumper assembly. gets me everytime i take my headlights off lol

everyone who posted esp rob and scott me also probly took off our front fascia about a thousand times lol

iJeep 04-20-2011 07:53 PM

Yeah take the bumper out. Otherwise you could brake a tab. :eek: Careful

david.kwasnecha 04-20-2011 08:09 PM

Alright so I figured out how to take them off. And I can put them back on. However, I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff so I don't know how to wire the LED's or the halo rings. I want to have them working with my low beams. All it is on both systems is a positive and negative wire. How can I make these work with my low beams? Detail is appreciated!! :)

triggasrt 05-04-2011 01:03 PM

When you install all the LED Halos just connect all positive (+) wires together and Neg (-) wires together. Then take all your positive wires and go to the positive wire from your low beams and then all your neg wires and go to the neg terminal of your low beams. They are very very low amp draw so you dont have to worry about having a huge supply wire to them.

Did you get a regulator with your Halos?

I wired mine up to come on with my parking lights which was pretty easy. I used a jumper wire off the parking relay to trigger my regulator.

Any questions just PM I can help :)