Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   SRT8 Monster Engine, Monster-ugly Styling (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/srt8-monster-engine-monster-ugly-styling-22091.html)

seanster 04-21-2011 01:39 AM

SRT8 Monster Engine, Monster-ugly Styling

Wow, what happened? The WK2 is so extremely well conceived, and then this bizarre, GC runs into a FORD (especially LEDs, facias and wheels)?

I was expecting great things. Sure, I need to see it in the tin, but wow.

It's not all bad, here are my FAVORITE things:

MECHANICS:
Fantastic engine
6/4-pot Brembo combo

EXTERIOR:
Hood (awesome)
Rear spoiler

INTERIOR:
Early 90s Audi carbon fiber/Alcantara interior. It worked then, works now.
"Track" selector
Seats

Disappointed, but buying it in black and getting some new wheels would the way I'd go.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Jeep-Gran...llpaper_1f.jpg

Jpjr 04-21-2011 07:31 AM

Re: SRT8 Monster Engine, Monster-ugly Styling

I think it looks great. If our Jeep weren't for my wife (who reaffirmed after seeing it that it was waaay to masculine for her) I would buy one.

DurangoZJ 04-21-2011 09:14 AM

I love it. Couldn't have done better.

jeep2011 04-21-2011 11:01 AM

+1 on the ugly interior when I get mine the carbon fiber is going in the trash.

jgc4ever 04-21-2011 11:40 AM

How is carbon fiber ugly? It's expensive and it's a repeating pattern of square cubes in gray and black that show depth. Have you seen the close up high def pictures of it?

Jpjr 04-21-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 400472)
How is carbon fiber ugly? It's expensive and it's a repeating pattern of square cubes in gray and black that show depth. Have you seen the close up high def pictures of it?

I don't think it is ugly but slapping faux carbon fiber (the real stuff is of course used in top performance cars for weight savings) in a pig of a truck does seem a little silly to me.

jgc4ever 04-21-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpjr (Post 400488)
I don't think it is ugly but slapping faux carbon fiber (the real stuff is of course used in top performance cars for weight savings) in a pig of a truck does seem a little silly to me.

It's not faux carbon fiber. It's real carbon fiber in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

jgc4ever 04-21-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 400492)
It's not faux carbon fiber. It's real carbon fiber in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

And it's a top performance SUV.

Scottina06 04-21-2011 12:14 PM

yep...the real deal CF

sxspdlgnd 04-21-2011 12:14 PM

i agree, very disappointed....expected allot more aggressive sport styling look like a audi "cousin"

moosehead 04-21-2011 12:17 PM

I'm pickin up a bit of what both critics and fans are putting down on the 2012 SRT8.

After mulling it over the past two days, here's my take with targeted mods, all of which are minor:

1) Interior is flawless, perfect, kick ass, love everything about it.

2) Exterior needs a few tweaks to my personal liking. Agree that the SEMA street jeep had some better treatments, namely more American Muscle, less Euro, less straining.

3) Performance and doohickey's are killer. I want engine, brakes, electronic performance read outs, all of it.

Targeted Mods: SEMA WK2 22's; ditch the run flats; body color the chrome on rear tailgate, grill, and front air dam; body color the black front and rear lower fascia; ditch the front LED's and relocate the fogs lower in the front air dam; extend the exhaust tips an inch outside of the fascia or trim the fascia back to get same effect.

Booyah.

lll2for3lll 04-21-2011 12:46 PM

So so so hideous. They should have put Vipers on that thing. Damn those SRT WK2 wheels look so cheap.