Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Travel Link update for RHB radios (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/travel-link-update-for-rhb-radios-22143.html)

Milous 04-22-2011 05:09 AM

Travel Link update for RHB radios

1 Attachment(s)
The Sirius Travel Link update for 2011 model year RHB radios has been released... PDF information file is attached...

Customer Satisfaction Notification K40
Monroney Label Information

The Monroney Label information on about 930 of the above vehicles lists a 1-year subscription to Sirius Travel Link service. The radio in the vehicle does not have the correct software to operate the Sirius Travel Link features. A Compact Disc (CD) will reprogram the radio’s software and allow it to access the Travel Link features.

The radio must be reprogrammed using a CD disc with new Travel Link software.

All owners known to Chrysler will have a software update CD mailed to them to update their radio’s software.

NOTE: All vehicles involved in this notification will receive an additional one year subscription (beyond the original subscription termination date) to Sirius Satellite Radio and Sirius Travel Link Service free of charge.

--Milous

mjw930 04-22-2011 07:19 AM

Re: Travel Link update for RHB radios

Hmm, it looks like what they expect to deliver and what we expect to receive may be light years apart. Notice the claim of ~930 vehicles! It looks like they adjusted the window sticker on the majority of WK2's delivered with the 430N to REMOVE the reference to Sirius Travel Link and only 930 vehicles slipped through with that on the windows sticker. Based on the content of this CSN all 430N radios ARE NOT included in this fix!

buck9898 04-27-2011 06:14 PM

So true My Jeep is not one of the 930. Spent 40 minutes on the phone with Customer Care. A case manager is suppose to contact me to see if he can get me the update.

Milous 04-27-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buck9898 (Post 404857)
So true My Jeep is not one of the 930. Spent 40 minutes on the phone with Customer Care. A case manager is suppose to contact me to see if he can get me the update.

Just download the file and update it yourself, a lot easier than going to the dealer.

buck9898 04-27-2011 07:30 PM

Just did and it works perfectly.

Thanks

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 07:58 PM

come on milous you know the WK2 crowd doesnt leave the WK2 forum LOL

moaks 05-04-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 404875)
Just download the file and update it yourself, a lot easier than going to the dealer.

Where did you find the file?

buck9898 05-04-2011 02:37 PM

A ISO for anybody that wants it here is the Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?rjw4hyrcaay958k

sbraun 05-04-2011 02:56 PM

One minor irritation that I noticed after applying this update to my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 430N (RHB) Radio/Nav unit is that volume adjustments applied to Custom POI proximity alerts does not persist after restarting the Vehicle. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Prior to the update, turning the volume down during voice navigation announcements or POI proximity alert chimes persisted over vehicle shutdowns.

DarthPiper 05-06-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraun (Post 409149)
One minor irritation that I noticed after applying this update to my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 430N (RHB) Radio/Nav unit is that volume adjustments applied to Custom POI proximity alerts does not persist after restarting the Vehicle. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Prior to the update, turning the volume down during voice navigation announcements or POI proximity alert chimes persisted over vehicle shutdowns.

Two behaviors have changed, at least that I have noticed:

* Default nav volume does not persist. It resets to 17 every time I start the vehicle
* Pressing the "Media" button while on the Nav screen does not always take you to the media devices; it may take you to the radio screen instead

pgienger 05-25-2011 08:25 AM

Do any of you folks that have gotten this update happen to have a current rev ipod or iphone? If so, does it work now as a media player post update? I stumbled across a note that this fix cleared up a gracenote issue, so I'm wondering if the iPod integration got fixed too.

DarthPiper 06-21-2011 03:59 PM

My service tech at the local dealership is keeping an eye out for these things. After I gave her the service memo number and other info associated with this update, she was very grateful. What flummoxed her was that I was able to find this info here and yet no matter what she did before that when trying to talk with Chrysler about it, all she got was runaround. Armed with a pointer like this, she was able to get better feedback. :)