Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   First oil change, great dealer expeience (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/first-oil-change-great-dealer-expeience-22150.html)

Nouveau Redneck 04-22-2011 11:33 AM

First oil change, great dealer expeience

Hi everybody, I just got back from having the oil changed for the first time in my 2011 Hemi Overland. The salesman had mailed me a coupon for a free oil change shortly after I bought the vehicle, so I was already happy about that. I asked the service writer when I was dropping it off if they were going to use the proper 5W20 oil and mentioned that I had read on the internet from other owners that some dealers are using whatever they feel like and not following Jeep's requirement. He told me that they have about 15 different kinds of oil because there have been a number of Chrysler and jeep vehicles in ecent years that require special oil, and that there technicians always look up and use whatever the manufacturers recommendations are. When I was getting the paperwork and key fob when they were done, he told me that he had enrolled me in some free promotional program that they had running and that my next 3 oil changes would also be free. I looked at the paperwork and it showed 1 oil filter and 7 quarts of 5W20 oil for a total of $0.00. It also showed that I was enolled in the promotion to get the next 3 oil changes for the same low price. Gotta love it.

ArmyRXP 04-22-2011 11:44 AM

Re: First oil change, great dealer expeience

Well there you go a nice dealer thread. Good job for them and that is how you keep customers!!!

+1 for that dealer

AAAA 04-22-2011 01:58 PM

Sounds great and good to know. My salesman gave me the free oil/filter coupon at delivery as well as a tentative service appointment 3 months out. That time seems about right as I am doing slightly over 1000 miles per month. I may move it up a week though as time gets closer. (May 23.)

moosehead 04-22-2011 03:58 PM

I had several real pleasant surprises when first stopping by my local dealer service department who did not sell me this vehicle.

1) The entire service department was really proud of the WK2 and pleased to work on it.

2) Because of #1, they took great care of the customer, and even covered me under warranty on an issue that was owner-operator on an ECM replacement when I fried it with an aftermarket FOBIK.

3) Were supportive of DIY mods.

Fingers crossed, cause I expected otherwise.

K9jackie 04-23-2011 01:38 AM

I just got a coupon from my dealer too. Can't wait to get to 2500 miles for that 1st oil change now :)

the1jake 04-23-2011 07:27 AM

Great to hear about another great dealer experience.

Now let us know what dealer you went to! If they do a good job, make sure you give them the credit online for others to see also.

Nouveau Redneck 04-23-2011 02:31 PM

I wasn't sure of the policy here on mentioning dealers by name. My dealer is Lansdale Chrysler Jeep in Montgomeryville PA.

Another interesting thing I forgot to mention. They had a cute little Fiat 500 paked in front of the showroom. It wasn't quite small enough to fit inside the rear hatch of my Grand Cherokee as a spare though. It didn't have a window sticker, but there was a sign in the windshield that said "Montgomeryville Fiat" that listed the same street address as the Chrysler Jeep dealership where it was parked, so I assume that soon it's going to be "Montgomeryville Chysler Jeep Fiat".