Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Poll - Problems with Quadra-Lift? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/poll-problems-with-quadra-lift-22241.html)

rich mac 04-23-2011 07:19 PM

Poll - Problems with Quadra-Lift?

With all the talk of Quadra-Lift problems on this and other forums, what kind of experience have you had with your QL system?

J13ntv 04-23-2011 08:26 PM

Re: Poll - Problems with Quadra-Lift?

No problems but sometimes I notice it raises.. I mean I guess maybe its being hit by the passenger possible.. Its definitely random.. Im going to say passenger but not 100% sure.

bobkbusch 04-24-2011 07:50 AM

I'm currently in the "Continuing problem - no resolution yet" category. I am encouraged to see I am the only one so far (gives me hope I can get this resolved), although I know of at least three others that have unresolved problems as reported in other threads.

Frank TJ 04-24-2011 08:16 AM

No issues 5000 miles on my Overland.

BadLuck 04-24-2011 09:21 PM

The only thing I notice is that if I have it all the way up and go over a speed bump with any speed at or above idle I get a thump out of the front end. Sounds like a ball joint, but I don't get that sound any other time. Anybody else notice anything like this?

atpadam 04-24-2011 10:02 PM

i have the same thing , its almost like the car bottoms out easliy in the top setting

jeepster23 04-25-2011 08:23 AM

That is the bump stop you guys are hearing due to the limited suspension travel in the highest setting

BadLuck 04-25-2011 09:01 AM

Ok, good. But I guess that would get rid of the possibility of a program that would lock the suspension at that ride height.

webspoke 04-25-2011 11:18 AM

Just clicked over 10k miles this weekend, no issues with QL.

atpadam 04-25-2011 04:01 PM

any way to get rid of that bottoming out feeling, or is that just the limitation w QL , my landrover doesnt do that , weird

Snipe315 04-25-2011 07:39 PM

I started the same kind of poll a couple of months ago on another Jeep forum.

The results so far indicate about 10 - 18% of the people responding have had issues. 48 folks have had no issues, 3 have had warning lights but the QL system still works, and 6 have had actual problems that required a trip to the dealership. However there are about 3 - 5 people who've reported problems but haven't voted in the poll yet.

And that is not a very good percentage this early on. :(

In fact, its these issues that have caused me to delay my purchase until the 2012 models roll out. Hopefully, Jeep will learn how to make the JGC in general and the QL in particular more reliable.

bobkbusch 04-25-2011 08:26 PM

Just curious, do those of you reporting no problems hear a "ping" when the vehicle reaches the full OR2 height?

I assume this is "normal," and I know others have reported it, but not sure exactly what causes it...pressure relief?