Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Spring mods: SRT wheels, grille and body colored mirror covers

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DAVY27 
#1 ·
Finally got around to installing the wheels with Nitto 420s rubber. The grille and the mirror covers add to the overall SRT like appeal, which is what I'm after. Suspension mods and rear Brembo brake upgrades are next as soon as the weather gets warm enough for me to work out in the garage. I have all the parts ready to be installed except the rear backing plates for the brake upgrade, which should be in the dealership next week. I have one of the front knuckles needed to do the front Brembo upgrade but will have to wait on the next. Money running out.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

See less See more
#4 ·
very nice bro! Those mirrors painted make such a HUGE difference IMO! No idea why more members dont do that....

Thanks! I got the idea from you! One of your threads.

#5 ·
looks great, next lower that baby.

#6 ·
As soon as it warms up I'm putting SRT springs on it. That should lower it an inch or so.

#11 ·
The mirrors were just cheap chrome ones that I bought off ebay with 3m tape to stick them on. I used coarse sand paper to scuff them up, chrome is very hard as a surface, and then had them painted by a local autobody shop. I also had them rock guarded with 3m clear covering to help hold the paint on as much as protect them from flying rocks. This was a relatively cheap mod and helps out the overall look. I don't know how they will hold up but I guess I'll find out. Thanks for the interest!

#13 ·
looks great! agree on the painted mirrors, big difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.